• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

03 EV rocker recall, Evap & tank vents

FedeleMotoGuzzi

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT di Razza Pura
Spent the morning replacing fuel lines and “stuff”. Here are today’s items. Feel free to comment on any or all.

• My rockers do not have the recall complied with. If I correctly read the VIN numbers requiring the recall, mine VIN requires the recall. Will contact AF1 and see if they can/will do the recall.
• While permanently removing the charcoal canister/EVAP system, I discovered a fuel tank vent nipple with no hose connected. Ref pic, the nipple is the middle of the tank and goes to the AFT higher vent hole in the gas cap holder housing. Should this vent tie into the FWD lower vent hole of gas cap holder housing?
• the fuel pressure regulator has a nipple (vacuum?), but no hose hooked to it. The bottom left of the airbox has a nipple almost the same size and no hose was connected to it. Do these mate? My diagram shows the airbox hose, but not the other end.

IMG_8631.png IMG_8637.jpeg IMG_8632.jpeg IMG_8636.jpeg IMG_8633.jpeg IMG_8638.jpeg IMG_8639.jpeg

Kits are over 2 grand but available. Guzzi part# 887349 , Harpers says $2900 for kit , Maybe the Store here could get one, ask Todd. AF1 should be able but it's over 10yrs old is what most dealers say.
Hose on tank in tunnel strait bellow cap is the cap gutter drain, goes under bike behind starter, fresh air
Nipple on pressure reg does not get hose, open to air.
There is a hose on crankcase vent system that I put to fresh air, the one going to airbox.
Have fun, Hydro's run better than normal ones & more torque.

Last edited:
FedeleMotoGuzzi -

That's a lot of money to put into a bike that probably wouldn't fetch that amount on the open market, but I hope you'll be able to do it.

If you just look at the miles you'd get per dollar out of this bike once it's sorted, compared to a new one, plus the fact of how well you would know the bike inside and out, it's a bargain.

"From a certain point of view" as Obi-Wan said....

Lannis

Thanks for the response AND I agree that the out of pocket recall $ is high. Unfortunately, I am not a bean counter, just a 35 year career aviation mechanic that’s not even top of my class. My brainiac rocket scientist mechanic buddies and I live in a horribly illogical world where we joke about buying projects for $5000, putting $3000 into them and then selling them for $2500. Go figure on that kind of logic! Got plenty of new bikes in the shop that have all the fancy gadgets, bells & whistles, but there’s something about an older analog bike (especially with fuel injection) that keeps riding a bike “pure & innocent”.

Instead of spending money on the recall pursuit, I’m considering seeing if our shop will re-heat treat the cam and followers/rocker tips in our oven. I’ll chat with our engineers and see what they say. If that falls apart, I’ll run slick 50 and Royal
Purple or something. There is always a work around! 😃

IMG_8654.jpeg
IMG_8655.png
IMG_0114.jpeg

With the effort to re-heat treat those components you will need to remove the cylinders. With the cylinders removed, it is very easy to change out everything to go to the updated parts without the special tool to hold the lifters with the cam removed. Again it is your bike and you can do what you want.

With the effort to re-heat treat those components you will need to remove the cylinders. With the cylinders removed, it is very easy to change out everything to go to the updated parts without the special tool to hold the lifters with the cam removed. Again it is your bike and you can do what you want.
We are back to the bean counting again 😃. Remember, me and my mechanics do things the cheap and hard way. An evening hanging with the grumpy old men (we are all 60 y/o +/-) poking fun at and belittling each other’s mechanical abilities while I take the engine apart. 😆 Heat treat. Another evening repeating the same immaturity while going back together. Only cost is my wife putting up with more than one childish adult male. Sure cheaper and more fun than $2-3K.

The thing in the front of the tank is fuel return w/a pressure regulator and return hose goes on the large barb, nothing goes on small barb on regulator.
The cam kits I replaced were wet ones w/oil holes between lobes, different valve springs & shims. Look up what's in the kit. Cool if you can make one. I know where there are a couple hundred final fix hydraulic lifters, leftovers.

Back