• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2013 V7S Ride Recap

Thanks for the review Todd. I just ordered up a V7R and will read the entire thread when i get home and have the time.

I am hoping it is as fun to ride as it is to look at. :mrgreen:

Marc

lomax said:
Thanks for the review Todd. I just ordered up a V7R and will read the entire thread when i get home and have the time. I am hoping it is as fun to ride as it is to look at.
My pleasure, and CONGRATS Marc! Welcome to the Famiglia. Snap a picture of you and the bike when you pick it up, and be sure to add your info to the Registry thread I'm getting ready to launch here shortly.

Can you tell us your final settings? I've a 2011 V7 and find that the suspension is too stiff but haven't the opportunity to dial in an ideal setting. I'd like to start with your ideal and work from there. Thanks.

I lightened up the preload on the V7R maybe a turn or so, and dropped the compression dampening down to the second to lowest notch. Still not perfect, but after 2500 miles, it's broken in and works pretty decently. some wicked stutter bumps I've hit are a bit uncomfortable, but generally they're quite nice. It's no GoldWing, but it's certainly livable. t least I' not having to rush into the rear suspension replacement mode. However these are different shocks than the 2011s had.
Bare

I thought I should cross post this here as potential buyers will surely read this thread.

I just picked mine up today and am pleasantly surprised. After reading all the hype from the magazine writers I was fully expecting to be underwhelmed, But just had to have it for the nostalgia and the looks. :D

What the writers say I have to call BS on. I know they are used to riding super bikes but it is all in comparison. Here is what I call BS on.

Bad Brakes: The brakes on this thing are fantastic and I have no issues with them at all.

No power: OK so it may be a whopping 50HP rated but the torque is excellent. No problem what so ever powering out of turns and letting her rip.

Bad suspension: OK it is not a road racer but in the first 85 miles I managed to end up with no chicken strips and the bike never felt twitchy or out of control. I am 160 lbs and have the rear set on soft to match the front. It handles VERY nicely in the tight turns. NO I an not planning on sweepers at 160MPH on this bike.

Bad Vibrations: Well it has character. The engine is smoother than my Transalp or my Stelvio. As I am just starting the break in I have been taking it really easy and have not gone over 3/4 throttle or 6K RPM. :twisted: It has the typical Guzzi buzz about 3200RPM but is very smooth every where else.

The wheels are too heavy: OH for Pete's sake take a chill pill. This type of bike is supposed to have spoke wheels. I do wish they were tubeless like the Stelvio but what the heck.

The seating position is very comfortable and reminds me a lot of my GB500. I can get forward on it in the turns and also sit up almost perfectly straight to relax. Do I want to do an Iron Butt on it, NO, but that is not what I got it for. I have however ordered up another seat as the suede one does not seem suitable for every day riding in the rain and the muck.

I am going to try an experiment and ordered up the Triumph bar end mirror kit. It is very fairly priced and I think ??? That they will bolt right up to the plugs in the bars. We shall see. That said the stock mirrors, while they appear to be cheap Chinese junk, work very well and really don't look that bad.

The dealer did a canister relocation for me :lol: before I picked it up so that is out of the way.

The stock mufflers sound like a 50cc scooter and will be replaced with Mistral's as soon as they arrive. :whistle:

I spent about 3 hours de-stickering it, except the one on the rear fender, that will take a long time to do, and it looks much better now.

I wish I had an extra $1 grand as the Stucchi fairing would just top it off. A fender eliminator may also be in its future as I don't like the plate light down low. If I could just find a clear lens for the brake light I could just cut the ugly bottom section off the plate mount and would be happy.

So if it helps any future buyers my summary would be, LOTS of character and soul, comfortable riding position, good torque, good brakes, fun in the tight twistys, and gorgeous looks. It is a much better bike that I was expecting.

P8040001_zps589d010a.jpg

Marc

Back