• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

2015 Griso 1200SE Saddle lock pin

motogoosey

Just got it firing!
Wondering if anyone could take a picture of the lockpin of their saddle. The lockpin of my saddle is MIA and I would like to somehow replace it. It's not a listed MG part and it's becoming nearly impossible to buy a new saddle. Maybe there is a solution by sourcing a replacement pin or take one out of another MG saddle?

The attached picture is from my V85TT. Wondering if the Griso one is similar.
thanks!

IMG_1928.jpg

If someone can give you the dimensions of a saddle pin, a machinist can make one. Another possibility is seat makers that make seats for you bike, such as Corbin, might sell you a pin as they make their own seat pans.

If someone can give you the dimensions of a saddle pin, a machinist can make one. Another possibility is seat makers that make seats for you bike, such as Corbin, might sell you a pin as they make their own seat pans.
I've seen some Vespa saddle pins on Ebay that look similar to the V85TT one. They sell for around $9 free shippig from India.
I just don't know what the Griso's saddle pin looks like since I just bought it and an old owner had broken it off.

Asking Corbin is an excellent idea. I'll give that a shot.

I've seen some Vespa saddle pins on Ebay that look similar to the V85TT one. They sell for around $9 free shippig from India.
I just don't know what the Griso's saddle pin looks like since I just bought it and an old owner had broken it off.

Asking Corbin is an excellent idea. I'll give that a shot.
For the pin to be broken off, the pan must have been damaged. Are you sure you can attach a new pin?

Yes the plastic that holds the pin in place is damaged. I plan to epoxy a new pin in place

Back