• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

2021 850 Le Mans?

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Origin link; gpone.com/it/2019/08/28/news-prodotto/moto-guzzi-torna-protagonista-ed-ora-punta-le-mans.html

Moto Guzzi is once again the protagonist and is now aiming ... Le Mans?

The eagle flies. And it does so on the two-wheeler market. There are about 8300 Moto Guzzis sold between Italy and abroad in the last five months and, considering the period from March to today, that is when the first V85 TTs left the production line, between Italy and abroad the Classic Enduro totaled more than 3,300 bikes delivered, making it also one of the most appreciated endurons on the Italian market. More than encouraging results for the Larian house, which after difficult years seems to have taken the right track to restore luster to its glorious coat of arms.

But don't stop there. New proposals are coming in the near future and many will revolve around the new V85. On the EICMA catwalks we will almost certainly see what Guzzi's 2020 will be and more: in 2021 the centenary of the foundation is celebrated. It was 1921, in fact, when Carlo Guzzi and Giorgio Parodi founded the house that in almost one hundred years of history has known how to cut itself into an important place among the great industries in the history of the two wheels. And just to pay tribute in the best way to this important anniversary that could see the light of a proposal for a "sports" mold. Mind you, you don't expect monsters from 200 and more horses, but something more inherent to the spirit of Moto Guzzi, while not denying a past made of superb racing achievements (the V8 of the engineer Carcano of 1955 is unforgettable). The V 85 engine lends itself well, for example, to the revival of a myth of the history of the second half of the 900: does Le Mans tell you anything?

The programs for EICMA talk about a naked or a café racer that will be based on the technical basis of the V85 TT. The return of a legendary motorcycle, which will be side by side with the 850 displacement that is well suited to a bike that re-evokes the sport (for the period) Le Mans, and that in Milan will peek out as a concept and then be launched at the 2020 Show in sight, precisely of the centenary.

A bike with a strong character, with all the Guzzi glory to show off on the sides. And so much is waiting for the autumn to understand how much the eagle is willing to fly high. However, the premises are definitely interesting.

This is what I've been hoping for. A new 850 LeMans. Just a V7 frame with the TT850 motor tuned better for more power and torque to give SOME power to weight fun. A good throwback styling based off the MKIV ....With LED lighting... Not rocket science or too groundbreaking but just a cool bike that is legitimate to its roots.. But they can't screw this up. It's that easy. Just give the job to Miguel Galluzzi. He knows.. I told him one night when he was at Pro Italia a few years ago!!!

I would like to see the v85tt motor in the small block range. I have av85tt now don't understand

why they it's not in the smaller bikes it could use a power boost

I'd be very tempted if the engine was in a different tune and it had proper tyre sizes, decent suspension, and brakes

I'm not waiting for the factory LeMans. I take delivery of my V7 850 this week. The dealer (Cadre Cycle) has already added clip-ons, Agostini exhaust, and red valve covers. Last week I ordered a LeMans 850 MkI fairing, sidecovers, and the emblems that go with them. Decided I would give wrap a try instead of paint so I lined up a local guy to do that for me. Haven't decided what to do about the seat yet, am leaning toward the solo saddle that Guzzi offers. As soon as Dyno Jet comes out with a tuner I will get that also. So...... with the price of the bike and about $3300 I will have a new LeMans replica. Not as fast as the real thing but pretty cool none the less.

I'm not waiting for the factory LeMans. I take delivery of my V7 850 this week. The dealer (Cadre Cycle) has already added clip-ons, Agostini exhaust, and red valve covers. Last week I ordered a LeMans 850 MkI fairing, sidecovers, and the emblems that go with them. Decided I would give wrap a try instead of paint so I lined up a local guy to do that for me. Haven't decided what to do about the seat yet, am leaning toward the solo saddle that Guzzi offers. As soon as Dyno Jet comes out with a tuner I will get that also. So...... with the price of the bike and about $3300 I will have a new LeMans replica. Not as fast as the real thing but pretty cool none the less.
I have a 02 V-11 LeMans with the full fairing and I think that what you are talking about doing to your 850 is going to give it an absolutely fantastic look. Show a presentation when your done. SKIP

Welcome to the GT Forum, and in advance to the Guzzi Famiglia. Enzo and Crew are good folks, you're lucky. Support them while they last. I've worked directly with Dynojet since ~2001 for PC development for Guzzis; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-power-commander-v-information.2686/
As noted there, they will not be offering anything for the 2013+ V7 Series. I have this for when I finally get access to the ECU; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

While in that section, hope you'll add your info to our Registry and Pic thread once your bike arrives;
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

What you're doing has been done in a small capacity for the Trofeo Series in Europe, see pics below of the Mk III and below it the new V7-850 in racing livery. The 2022 Series was announced at EICMA a few days ago; https://wide.piaggiogroup.com/en/ar...i-fast-endurance-european-cup-2022/index.html

Post often and see you on the Registry thread soon.

V7 III Trofeo gallery 1

V7 850 Trofeo

. The dealer (Cadre Cycle) has already added clip-ons, Agostini exhaust, and red valve covers. Last week I ordered a LeMans 850 MkI fairing, sidecovers, and the emblems that go with them. Decided I would give wrap a try instead of paint so I lined up a local guy to do that for me.

Can hardly wait to see it ,

Not as fast as the real thing but pretty cool none the less.

It probably won’t be that far off...

Welcome to the GT Forum, and in advance to the Guzzi Famiglia. Enzo and Crew are good folks, you're lucky. Support them while they last. I've worked directly with Dynojet since ~2001 for PC development for Guzzis; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/guzzitech-power-commander-v-information.2686/
As noted there, they will not be offering anything for the 2013+ V7 Series. I have this for when I finally get access to the ECU; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gt-motocycles-v7-v9-ecu-re-flash-tool

You likely missed this post in the V7 section regarding what might be the new LM; https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/a-new-v7-spy-photo.21966/
While in that section, hope you'll add your info to our Registry and Pic thread once your bike arrives;
https://www.guzzitech.com/forums/threads/v7-registry-picture-thread-add-your-bike.9108/

What you're doing has been done in a small capacity for the Trofeo Series in Europe, see pics below of the Mk III and below it the new V7-850 in racing livery. The 2022 Series was announced at EICMA a few days ago; https://wide.piaggiogroup.com/en/ar...i-fast-endurance-european-cup-2022/index.html

Post often and see you on the Registry thread soon.

View attachment 23696

View attachment 23695

That's likely I would think they would do. Something like that but no number plate cowl and having the seat go up the tank like the MKI. Pretty tasty.
But now with the V100 out maybe they'll go modern with it with a retro not to the Lemans of the yester years.

Everyone knows Guzzi's doing another Lemans.. On what platform who the heck knows.. :D

Thanks for the inspiring replies fellows. I have the 850 LeMans fairing already (ordered from the UK and delivered in less than a week !!!) and the sidecovers with all stock emblems are on the way. Should be here by next week. Will post pics when finished along with my 650 Lario. Enzo just called and my bike will be delivered on Thursday, this week. The weather here is supposed to be near 70 degrees F so I might even get a ride in.

Sadly, not enough meat on the cylinders..... no big bore on the 850 small block ...

Attachments

• 6B976792-8B19-481F-909F-247905D84AF3.jpeg
    6B976792-8B19-481F-909F-247905D84AF3.jpeg
    168.2 KB · Views: 16
Intake, fueling and exhaust will be the only cost effective venture. @lemans850i has had me order the V85TT cam, and has even entertained ordering the V85TT complete engine. From there it’s the throttle body size holding power back to reach the 80+ mark I’ve gotten the TT to on my Axis dyno.

Intake, fueling and exhaust will be the only cost effective venture. @lemans850i has had me order the V85TT cam, and has even entertained ordering the V85TT complete engine. From there it’s the throttle body size holding power back to reach the 80+ mark I’ve gotten the TT to on my dyno.
Understood. Although I have everything done in terms of intake, fueling and the full exhaust on the way, I'm really interested in seeing if anything comes from using the V85TT cam or anything else that can give the V7 some extra power.

Sorry, by addressing intake I meant replacing the air filter with a DNA one and using the GTM open air box ring. I’m pretty limited in what I can do to work on my motorcycle both space wise (I live in an apartment and anything I do to the V7 is done within the space of one parking spot behind my car haha) and knowledge/experience. Because of that anything I can do by myself is limited to essentially bolt on parts and aftermarket offerings which has mainly been from GTM.

Back