• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

22 V85TT GDO

hwyhound

Just got it firing!
GDO owner here, #0259. Purchased slightly used. Seems like a great bike for the price!

Last edited:
After a few months of ownership I'll be replacing my tires soon. any tips on torque specs appreciated, TIA
Welcome to the GT Forum, and back to the Guzzi Famiglia. Most do regret selling their Guzzi.
Please read below. See you in the V85TT, start with your info for the Registry below. Enjoy the site.
NO TECH OR RELATED QUESTIONS HERE - THEY WILL BE DELETED. Also, be sure to read the scrolling paragraphs at the top of the page for general guidelines and expectations of participating here.

I'm in Western PA, 60 miles north of Pittsburgh. My last Guzzi was a 81 SP1000, wish I still had it.
Thanks.

I am married to Kathi, an Erie lady, my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess. Her dad (almost) made it to triple digits, and for several years, I/we would -- in season -- ride there and back from our home here at the tip-top of Virgina.

There is almost no way to do that -- well, if one stays of the slab! -- without having a fine time. The roads that crisscross the several ranges of the Appalachian spine that run SW to NE are a motorcyling hoot. SR 36 runs much the way, but the wee ones along the way can be fun, e.g., Frozen Toe Road -- yes, really :giggle: -- vic. Sigel.

Anyway, since Kathi's dad passed a couple of years ago, we go less often, but still think the 600-mile r/t worth it if only for sponge candy and Zabawa. :clap:

If ever down this way, come visit the Moto Grappa.

Bill

Thanks.

I am married to Kathi, an Erie lady, my Perfect Pillion & Polish Princess. Her dad (almost) made it to triple digits, and for several years, I/we would -- in season -- ride there and back from our home here at the tip-top of Virgina.

There is almost no way to do that -- well, if one stays of the slab! -- without having a fine time. The roads that crisscross the several ranges of the Appalachian spine that run SW to NE are a motorcyling hoot. SR 36 runs much the way, but the wee ones along the way can be fun, e.g., Frozen Toe Road -- yes, really :giggle: -- vic. Sigel.

Anyway, since Kathi's dad passed a couple of years ago, we go less often, but still think the 600-mile r/t worth it if only for sponge candy and Zabawa. :clap:

If ever down this way, come visit the Moto Grappa.

Bill
My youngest son lives in Harbor Creek, so I've done a few different routes north. I've been lucky enough to travel all over the US and Canada, Including Alaska and Hawaii. That said, I'm still partial to the smokies. I missed my yearly trip south last year because of health issues but leaving in couple weeks for my "Smokey Mountain Fix". I won't be taking my V85 this trip opting for my RT. This trip is with a good group of riders so I expect a quick but safe pace. They like to plan every stop so probably won't stop in this trip. I may make another slower paced solo trip before cold weather. If I do I'll look you up.

P.S. My son is also married to a Polish Princess from Erie!
Tim

Last edited:
Back