• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Add TPMS to V100 base model?

WynnD

Tuned and Synch'ed
What is needed to add the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to the base V100. Is it possible? and is it expensive? Aftermarket units are as low as $40. (And that reports the actual pressure instead of just warning you that a tire is low.) Is this even worth looking at?

I use the FOBO Bike 2 on my V7 III. Have the app on my Samsung phone and it works great. Alerts me if there is a pressure drop and I take a quick glance before I leave for work each day. It shows actual pressure, tire temperature, etc.

What is needed to add the Tire Pressure Monitoring System to the base V100. Is it possible? and is it expensive? Aftermarket units are as low as $40. (And that reports the actual pressure instead of just warning you that a tire is low.) Is this even worth looking at?
I have an allied question that is slightly different:

Does anyone know whether the Mandello and Stelvio V100s ship with the TPMS tire valves already fitted?
Is the switch on simply a software switch, no equipment installation required?

Just had a look at my V100s, under the drivers seat is an electronic module with TPMS stamped on it, it has a connector block with 4 wires. I think that is the radio receiver from the tyre valves and the wires feed the ECU or dash.

Just had a look at my V100s, under the drivers seat is an electronic module with TPMS stamped on it, it has a connector block with 4 wires. I think that is the radio receiver from the tyre valves and the wires feed the ECU or dash.
Thanks for responding @Kevin.NZ Can you confirm that you have not bought the TPMS system?

I can't stand TPMS systems. Pressure gauges have been around since pneumatic tires. The darn units also make tire changes more challenging. When the battery in the sender fails, only option is to replace the unit.

I've been using an in-tire sealant in my cars and motorbikes for ten plus years - saved me several times. Squeezing it in through the narrower tube of a TPMS valve is tricky though (it likes to solidify in small holes) so if my 2024 Stelvio has standard-fit TPMS valves I'll need to change them for more 'open' ones. It occurred to me that MG might fit a single valve type to all bikes now and just get the dealer to apply a 'code' to switch them on. However if the Mandello has an extra piece of kit under the seat then at least some hardware is shipped when a customer buys TPMS, but that doesn't prove the case with the tire valves on its own.

If no-one knows the answer I'll need to visually check at the first tire change...

I can't stand TPMS systems. Pressure gauges have been around since pneumatic tires. The darn units also make tire changes more challenging. When the battery in the sender fails, only option is to replace the unit.
Or just replace the battery. :) My FOBO Bike 2 goes for about 15,000 KM before needing the batteries replaced at a cost of about $10 total.

I like TPMS systems but I have never understood why it takes so long for the system to transmit the pressures to the dash.

Why is that?

Sometimes it takes several minutes on all of my motorcycles that have this feature. Doesn't matter which marque as they all behave this way for me.

To the OP, the MG tpms does show what the pressure is in each wheel.

To those who think a tpms is for those who are too lazy to use a tire pressure gauge, that is not what they are designed to do. Their purpose is to alert the rider when there is a loss of tire pressure while the bike is in motion.

The nice thing about the MG tpms sensors are they’re reasonably price at around $64 each. Unlike most other brands that want around $200 for just one sensor.

Last edited:
I have an aftermarket TMPS on my Breva 1100, the unit was very cheap, batteries last a few years are easy to change and its accurate and reliable. The sensors switch on with centrifugal force at about 5km/hr, yea Scott the V100 takes ages to activate, weird.

On most Euro cars, they only display pressures once the tires are warm. They say "drive to display" - takes a mile or two. Likely a similar system as a guess.

Yes. I've experienced it in cars and bikes.

I've just never understood why it doesn't show the moment you start the vehicle.

Why the delay? It always struck me as strange.

I expect it's because the little sensor inside the wheel needs to know that it's time to wake up and get to work. If it had to transmit pressures 24/7/365, the battery wouldn't last any time. And it would be a bit complicated to make it communicate two ways with the bike.

So it has a little centrifugal switch that activates when the wheel has turned a few times and it knows you're serious....

That's the way my Triumph sensor works.

Lannis

I expect it's because the little sensor inside the wheel needs to know that it's time to wake up and get to work. If it had to transmit pressures 24/7/365, the battery wouldn't last any time. And it would be a bit complicated to make it communicate two ways with the bike.

So it has a little centrifugal switch that activates when the wheel has turned a few times and it knows you're serious....

That's the way my Triumph sensor works.

Lannis

That makes sense Lannis. Thank you very much.

Back