• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

bar risers breva 1100

max

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Famiglia
This is my 1st Guzzi. Purchased about 2 weeks ago. Considering my lack of height and arm length, it fits pretty well. But due to some joint problems , I would the bars a bit higher and back if possible. I was assured at purchase there were risers available. However, after searching the net for days, I can't find any for this model. If I can get about 1 in up and 1 inch back, it would help alot I think.
This is my 1st twin and 1st shaft drive. No wonder twins are so popular, what an experience for this 61 year old! Would appreciate any help on this matter. Thanks, Max

Max, congrats on the Breva! Love to get your info for the Modern Registry HERE. You know you've been bitten by the MGD bug now, right?

The bars risers are a product of lister Mike Bui and perhaps a few others that are slipping my mind right now.

Moto International also makes them. However I believe both the MI & Bui versions mostly just raise the bar without appreciably moving them back. Believe I also saw something about converting to the B1200 Sport system, which enables using regular old bars rather than the cast things Guzzi has on the standard Breva & Norge. Then the options are limitless. Don't recall exactly what is needed, but it was supposed to be pretty easy. Anybody remember? Can't recall if it was on the old (pre-blow-up) Guzzitech site, or WG.

There is an issue with the brake lines on the B11 which restricts the rise to about 25mm or so, of course longer lines are a possibility to get more. The risers are just that, back movement only comes from the angle of the forks but 1200 Sport bar mounts will indeed bolt right on and give endless bar options.

If I remember right Xenarchi took his risers off, a quick PM might be worthwhile to see if he has them lying around somewhere (he's been a bit quiet lately - Hi Adam!).

Welcome Max - We Breva Pilots are an exclusive bunch - but I like it that way - Norge is Oh So common ;) (Flack Jacket on)

I will definitly sign on to your website. I did a search on Mikes site. Will send a email his way. It is mph from what ad said. Moto international doesn't appear to offer risers but will send an email to them as well. 1 inch might be all it would take. Thanks to all who are and have responded. I am looking forward to having the Breva ready for spring. Will put a windshield and some type of cruise control as well. Thanks for all the help. MUCH appreciated. Max

Max
If its of any use to you, you might consider going the route that I took with the breva 850. Essentially ordered the 1200 sport handlebar clamps and got Agostinis to make me up some risers (about an inch and a quarter). At this point bars are your option but I used aone from a Griso.
George
Hope the pic gives enough detail.

Max apologies,
pic was too big. here it is. As a matter of fact I'm about the same age and height as you, so this may work for you as well.
George

OK! last try! then I'm taking my ball and going home..........This is as small as I can get it.

mg877 wrote:
Max apologies,
pic was too big. here it is. As a matter of fact I'm about the same age and height as you, so this may work for you as well.
George

You can adjust pic size to something adequate by changing the size-numbers.

(img size=150)http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/3036874251_185.....v=0(/img)
450 gives a fair size.

I looked into risers while in the USA, and they were more expensive than a new set of handlebars.
As things worked out, due to schedules, I didnt bother.
I don't know if the cables would need replacing with longer ones, as they seem rather tight,on my Breva 750.
Ok it isnt really a problem on the flat, or going up the mountains, but coming down them is where I seem to have my whole body weight on my hands.
Ride Safe & Have Fun

Back