• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Black Mountain Road

mwest

Tuned and Synch'ed
Sunday Jamileh and I headed out to Black Mountain Road in the Pozo area. Jamileh had been on this road before and was still willing to do it again.

Of course getting there is a great time all by itself. We met at 198 and 25 and then rode Peachtree/Indian Valley Road, River Rd, 229, and others.

Then it was time for the dead end road to the top. This has to be the goatiest piece of paved (sort of) road I've ever been on. it is the width of a narrow driveway overgrown with weeds and strewn with dirt, sand, and rock, with the occasional giant hump to divert water off the pavement. Definitely not going to get into 2nd gear anywhere on this road.

At the top there is some kind of radar for air traffic control and a sign that reads loss of life could occur if you tamper with the facility. At the top, we enjoyed the view for awhile before heading back down and having lunch in Santa Margarita. After an enjoyable meal and conversation we headed back via some other nice roads. All in all a nice day of riding. Left home at 7:30AM and got home just before 6:30PM.

A few pics.

Attachments

• DSCN3008.jpg
    DSCN3008.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCN3010.jpg
    DSCN3010.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCN3011.jpg
    DSCN3011.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCN3014.jpg
    DSCN3014.jpg
    263.1 KB · Views: 496
  • DSCN3018.jpg
    DSCN3018.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 496
Excellent Mark, thanks for the visual ride! I miss that place sometimes. So no 229 or Creston stop at the Loading Chute?

We did 229 on the way down. Went through Creston but didn't stop at the chute. Can't remember the name of the road we took to get over to Pozo but it was one I hadn't been on before. No Freeway between my house and BMR.

On the way back we took Vineyard drive out of Templeton and around the back of Paso to Chimney Rock and up to G14, around Lake Nacimiento into Lockwood. Then Lockwood-San Lucas Rd up to San Lucas. From there Jamileh took 198 home and I crossed back over to 25 in King City and home. Great day of riding for me and long overdue.

It was a great ride. Such a variety of roads (but no slab) and speeds (including my brutally slow speed on BMR - thanks for waiting for me, Mark!!)
That one road was Huer Huero Rd, south from 58 to Park Hill, to the turnoff to BMR.
Good pix, Mark, especially that one looking west toward the coastal ranges....
Here are a few more....

view from the top of Black Mountain

blackmountain003.jpg

Mark starting back down -

blackmountain007.jpg

blackmountain017.jpg

Mark is the speck just lower right of the middle of the picture - waiting so patiently....

blackmountain018.jpg

approaching San Miguel or San Lucas (can never remember which) -

blackmountain024.jpg

Really a great day.

Back