• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 11 Red Warning Light etc

PhilM

Just got it firing!
This saga started just before the old server crashed & burned and I put some info on the forum then. I'd had a series of brief cut-outs when riding where the engine would die for a second or two, the dash warning light came on + service in the display. It would then re-start as I slowed in gear and continue with no more problems. No error codes showed when I checked later.

After about the sixth event I'd had enough and booked it in for the dealer to check it out. The bike must have taken offence at this because it cut out on the way to the dealer !! The warning light stayed on and it woudn't start. In one way this was good, as there was now a fault to fix (or so I thought). The dealer came out and took the bike in (having dropped me back home).

The next morning when they looked at the bike it started first time, no problem. Despite this, they thought that the immobiliser could be the cause of the problem and re-jigged the wiring somehow. I spoke to the mechanic and apparently when he interogated the ecu with the Axone there were stored fault codes for the injectors and coils. They weren't present anymore and the bike ran fine. However when I looked at the wiring diagram, the coils, injectors and fuel pump all run off the secondary injection relay, one of the 30 amp relays. This seemed more than a coincidence. However, I only rode the bike a couple more times before laying it (me) up for the winter and had no more problems.

One weekend in February when the weather improved I decided to get it out from hibernation. On the Saturday I checked it over and ran it for a while, everything was fine. Next day, decided to go for a run, no start and there was the dreaded red light again. This time I went straight for the secondary relay and swapped it with the lights relay. Bingo, started straight away. I decided to change all three 30 amp relays and done about 500 miles with no problems since (touch wood). By the way, there is a drain hole in the tray below the secondary relay and it was blocked with dirt. If any water builds up in there it will short the connections on the relay plug.

Hopefully nobody else will have this problem, but if you do this might save some time.

Cheers

Phil

PhilM wrote:
By the way, there is a drain hole in the tray below the secondary relay and it was blocked with dirt. If any water builds up in there it will short the connections on the relay plug.

Thanks for the heads up on that one - I didn't know it was there. Might have a bo peep at mine this weekend.

Brian UK wrote:
Anyone know a source for these relays, apart from Guzzi? I would like to carry a spare.

I tried to find some elsewhere but gave up due to there being so many different styles. Pyro Dan doesn't do relays for the new models. They cost about 14 quid from the dealer. The reason I changed all three was because I'd swapped them around in the past to try and cure a starting problem, figured I'd bin the lot and start afresh.

Phil

Back