• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Breva 750 blue exhaust pipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mickeyluv

Just got it firing!
Why is it that quite a few Breva 750s have badly blued exhaust downpipes and a hotspot just to the rear of the silencer heat shield, and others have unblemished pipes? My wife's bike suffers from blueing, though runs perfectly without popping or hesitation and pulls cleanly and strongly throughout the rev range. Could this be indicitave of a closed-loop problem? The throttle bodies and idling are synched using Guzzidiags and there appears to be no adjustment possible for the mixture.

Have you read this

Bluing is not uncommon. You are not running rich. The pipes are single wall and heat will blue the pipes. You don't have a problem so I recommend not chasing one you don't have.

I was thinking the opposite, that it could be running too lean due to a fault somewhere. I read the link you posted - I have zero interest in remapping. The question still remains, why are there many bikes with unblued, or just a slight yellowing of the pipes? As far as I know, all the Breva 750s used single wall pipes.

The question still remains, why are there many bikes with unblued, or just a slight yellowing of the pipes?

No question remaining at all. Sorry. You are looking for something that isn't there.

Lots of people, myself included, POLISH our single wall pipes.

They will turn gold or yellow once you stop polishing them. Eventually if you never polish them, they will turn blue as well because they are single wall pipes.

65324291653  61FC059B 8ED7 4650 A420 C1E6DD2F03CB

The pipes regularly get polished with every wash, using either Solvol or Peek, but the depth of blueing is too deep to remove without risking the chrome. We were out on a club meet up yesterday and was talking to a fellow owner - his pipes haven't blued despite doing nothing to them.

If you are dead set on not having blue pipes Semichrome makes a product named Blue Away that chemically removes the blue. To me it isn't worth the effort. In my opinion, if the pipes don't turn blue, it isn't running right. The only way I know to prevent pipes turning blue is to apply a ceramic coating to the inside of the pipes when they are new. I did that to a 1973 Eldorado I restored and the pipes stayed nice and shiny.

Well seeing as you are hell bent on finding a problem, may I suggest you pull the spark plugs. If there is truly a problem, the plugs will reveal it straight away.

IMG 0676

Last edited:
Stainless pipes will polish out to a chrome like finish (like in Scott's picture above).
When I have nothing better to do in the winter, I remove the header pipes and get out my big buffing wheel. Makes the bike look like new again. (maybe 3 years or so).
Very slowly, over time they will again turn to straw color, then darker.
Chrome is a whole different animal. Used to use "Blue Away", but it was a lot of work, so if your small block breva has stainless pipes, you just have to work a little harder at it, incl. some disassembly.

Guys, time wasting topic covered here over and over again.
To the OP, use search and read. You have an antique motorcycle. Could be a clogged injector or failing muffler. This topic is now locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back