• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

CA 1400 Luggage Mockup

countryguz

Tuned and Synch'ed
GT Contributor
I have looked everywhere for extra luggage for my 2014 CA1400 Touring. I came up with a cardboard box mockup of what I would like to find or create or build. I looked at the HD Police Models and liked the lower profile rear radio compartment concept. There is no direct fit item from these places that will work on MG. I found some 7/8" stainless steel clamps from the marine shop and got a cardboard box and attached them to the box to give a conceptual idea of what I am looking for or will build. I can find some more clamps if necessary to attached to the side of the rear passenger bar that will connect to a box. I am looking for some ideas from the forum on boxes that I might use or maybe a top box that will fit in this general location. The size of this box is 12" x 16" x 7" and needs to be located this far forward to cantilever and to attached to passenger bar for strength. I might be able to go 18" to 24" in length depending on the box weight. I will not be drilling or cutting the motorcycle in any way but plan to use marine clamps and then bolting to the box. BUT NO drilling or cutting the bike. The clamps allow for easy release from the bike. I am looking for ideas..... Lug1 Lug4 Lug3 Lug2 Lug5 the box width is optimal which allows for the opening of the side panders.

Just paint it in waterproof paint, use a few zip ties and you are done. Cheap and exactly what you want.
Or find a local metal worker. A good one should be able to make what you want pretty easily.

Search Google or Amazon for Pelican case. There are a few generic versions on Amazon for less $ too. Scott M here may chime in too.

Try and locate an Eldorado seat, there is a built in luggage rack under the pillion pad, it could be exactly what you are looking for. Quite a few owners swap the Eldo set up for the more comfortable pillion seat dual Cali seat.

Attachments

• eldo3.jpg
    eldo3.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 14
I have no top case on my Eldorado nor do I plan on one.

It would not look right to me, so unfortunately I have no ideas about this one. Apologies.

Did you come up with something countryguz?

I am still thinking on it. Nothing comes to mind just yet except for getting a nice soft luggage similar to 21Brothers type just for the long distance runs. My initial idea with the box type idea is not optimum. Most likely will try some soft luggage idea along with some netting. I was trying to come up with something that allows me to secure my helmet when I park it. But will try to find a helmet lock/netting of some sort configuration.

Back