• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

California Central Coast - V100

Stirling

Tuned and Synch'ed
I took my first "trip" on the V100 Mandello earlier this week. A 3 day trial run to see what's good and what else I may need to take a longer trip. And, just because I like to tour! I started from home which is south of LA in Orange county and headed up to the central coast. I had planned several possible routes leading up to the trip, but since the summer heat had arrived, I opted for the coast. Got through LA early Sunday morning before traffic, a 100 mile freeway trek to Moorpark, my launching off point. Back road twists and turns, and I avoided main hwys as much as I could. Loved it. Stayed in Atascadero (old Carlton Hotel) and used that as home base for the day ride the next day. The side cases came off fine and I took them to the room. They went back on fairly easily, so I dont think I need liners. As luck would have it the front desk lady was a rider told me to park out front instead of around the side across the street - a great ammenity!

The next morning I did an "inland" ride before it got too hot. Headed down what I think was a paved over dirt road for many miles to a place call Pozo. The ride made me smile as I thought of my adventure bike friend who would not have liked the road. Was great to me and the V100, but another 10 miles on it would have put me over the limit! Once in Pozo the return loop was smooth and fast.
Knowing the heat was coming, I headed through some twisty vineyard roads to the coast and then up the Big Sur hwy 1. It is still closed 46 miles up and cant get through, but that actually made it an amazing ride. Hardly anyone was on it! Made it back to the hotel somewhat early, so changed and visited a nearby winery.
0717231159b
End of the road
0717231135 1

The trip home I stayed as close to the coast as I could. The last leg was from Goleta (north Santa Barbara) to home, through Malibu. 160 miles in one sitting, not all freeway, and I was ready to break at 120 miles but pressed on. Not too hard to do. I am used to a bigger seat and stretched out legs, but the V100 seat and position was not an issue at any time during the trip. A couple of 320 mile days and a 280 mile day. I rode most of the way with the (standard) screen all the way down, putting it up for the cold foggy section on hwy 1. I am happy.

Where to next?

Headed down what I think was a paved over dirt road for many miles to a place call Pozo.
Ah good memories, and fun trip. Thanks for the post. I lived briefly in S.L.O. in '04-05, and the Pozo Saloon was our weekend destination when riding the ridge on dirt-bikes. I got to see Willie Nelson play there. Epic history with that place.
If you missed Old Creek/Santa Rosa Creek Rd off of 101 out of Cayucos/Cambria, be sure to add it next time. If weather cooperates, 58 East to West is epic as well, and 229 to Creston and lunch at The Loading Chute is worth the time, as is a quick ride out to James Dean Memorial on 46 (the famous road merge of his death is a little further East, and now reconfigured since I lived there to include a T and traffic light). Nacimiento Ferguson is also another not miss... once the Coast is fully open.

Ah good memories, and fun trip. Thanks for the post. I lived briefly in S.L.O. in '04-05, and the Pozo Saloon was our weekend destination when riding the ridge on dirt-bikes. I got to see Willie Nelson play there. Epic history with that place.
If you missed Old Creek/Santa Rosa Creek Rd off of 101 out of Cayucos/Cambria, be sure to add it next time. If weather cooperates, 58 East to West is epic as well, and 229 to Creston and lunch at The Loading Chute is worth the time, as is a quick ride out to James Dean Memorial on 46 (the famous road merge of his death is a little further East, and now reconfigured since I lived there to include a T and traffic light). Nacimiento Ferguson is also another not miss... once the Coast is fully open.
SLO is such a great area. Never would have guessed the saloon was operating that recently and that Willie played there. Yes, I did the Old Creek Rd on this trip and also 229 to Creston. I have done all the rest on other trips/bikes, except I have never stopped at the Loading Chute...will make a note for next time. The Santa Rosa Creek Rd is great, but it was an end of the day option and I was already twisted out! My absolute favorite way to get to the area is the 33 out of Ojai and then the (epic) 58 across. The 33 is still closed so I couldnt do it this time.

My absolute favorite way to get to the area is the 33 out of Ojai and then the (epic) 58 across. The 33 is still closed so I couldnt do it this time.
Yes indeed... so you are well versed in the area too, great. Since you are so close to my shop, hope you can visit sometime, and love to see the bike for some brief test time for fueling if you're up for it.

Reactions: BDS
Yes indeed... so you are well versed in the area too, great. Since you are so close to my shop, hope you can visit sometime, and love to see the bike for some brief test time for fueling if you're up for it.
Yes, I will be contacting you about that in a few weeks. Look forward to meeting/visiting.

I took my first "trip" on the V100 Mandello earlier this week. A 3 day trial run to see what's good and what else I may need to take a longer trip. And, just because I like to tour!
Nice write up, and beautiful pics!

Back