• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hyper lites for the Norge

Thanks Scott - I think I also need to install a diode or two? - to get it to flash? Do I use one or two diodes as there are two lines separate from ground. *Positaps thanks! Here is what it looks like attached now. Lighting up but not flashing as it should. I believe I need to add a Diode, but to which or both wires is my understanding? I did use quick connectors of a flat kind not as good as posi-taps.
Probably you need to add a serial diode on stop signal to the original tail light and connect your hyper lites before, directly on stop signal from switches. In this way you have to cut the original yellow/green wire and so it will be not origina anymore. For my point of view is not a problem. The main thing is to do a good and reliable job.
For the diode is better use a schottky type diode as a 1N5822 or a 20SQ045.

Probably you need to add a serial diode on stop signal to the original tail light and connect your hyper lites before, directly on stop signal from switches. In this way you have to cut the original yellow/green wire and so it will be not origina anymore. For my point of view is not a problem. The main thing is to do a good and reliable job.
For the diode is better use a schottky type diode as a 1N5822 or a 20SQ045.
MCR, Thanks for the info. ** you are saying only connect one diode nerarest behind the plug assy infront of the brake light assy?

I'm not sure what you are referring to. Diodes are not used here as far as I know. Diodes are for asymmetric electrical connections where you want power to flow only one direction.

Do you mean terminating resisters? Those only apply to CanBus connections.

I'm sorry I cannot give you an answer here. I can tell you that the connectors you used are one of if not the worst quality ones out there. I'm sorry but they truly are.

You need to obtain support from Hyper Lights.

hyperlites.com/support/

Contact Us​

• Phone
    1-517-610-2286
  • Address
    HyperLites
    P.O. Box 272
    Hillsdale, MI, 49242
Thanks Scott.. I did reach out for more support direction to Hyperlites about the diodes?

I mean a connection like this:
MCR, easily understood diagram!! Thank you! My wiring consists of Two wires & ground, so do you think I only need to add Diode to the one line and not the "position" light since it is both an always on with running brake light and flashing with stop light? *Oops, I guess I answered my own question if it does not work , add another one!

Last edited:
I've run the trouble flow chart on Hyperlites with little success. I have reached out to the company a few days ago with email but thus far no response. Atleast I have the additional LED stop lights working, Thinking it may be the control module?

I've run the trouble flow chart on Hyperlites with little success. I have reached out to the company a few days ago with email but thus far no response. Atleast I have the additional LED stop lights working, Thinking it may be the control module?

I am very curious as to where you saw that you had to add diodes into this setup?

I have NEVER seen anything that required an end-user to install diodes.

This just perplexes me greatly.

As I wrote in my post with the schematic of Norge rear lamp, if a load is connected between Stop terminal and ground, the current coming from Position terminal will flow through this load to ground instead to go in the transistor. The effect will be to have less current to Position LEDs.
To avoid this simply connect an external diode to the Stop terminal. I did it for my Stop lights of Givi rear bag.
This doesn't mean that the issue of Sempervee is the same.

As I wrote in my post with the schematic of Norge rear lamp, if a load is connected between Stop terminal and ground, the current coming from Position terminal will flow through this load to ground instead to go in the transistor. The effect will be to have less current to Position LEDs.
To avoid this simply connect an external diode to the Stop terminal. I did it for my Stop lights of Givi rear bag.
This doesn't mean that the issue of Sempervee is the same.

So this is something that you did on your own initiative then. Hyper lites does not require this.

The reason I asked was my best friend bought the license plate lights setup at a rally and I helped him install it a couple of years ago on his Stelvio NTX, and I specifically do not recall using any diodes at all.

I am not an electrical engineer so bear with me here…What you are trying to do is send current to the brake light, one way only, so that when the Hyper lites draw current, in theory, the current will not be reduced to the brake light?

I cannot see how the position lights would be affected or protected in your diagram.

IMG 7179

IMG 7180

Last edited:
I try to be clear using other words.
1) I don't know how is the circuit of Stelvio rear lamps.
2) I try to explain the issue that occurs adding a lamp on the brake wiring of the Norge. See next picture with descriptions:
IMG 7179

Of course the reduction of brightness of position lamps without red diode depends by how many current drain the added led. If the latter doesnt' sink current because take the power supply from another terminal, the problem doesn't exist.
How many connections have the brake light you added? 2 or 3?

I try to be clear using other words.
1) I don't know how is the circuit of Stelvio rear lamps.
2) I try to explain the issue that occurs adding a lamp on the brake wiring of the Norge. See next picture with descriptions:
View attachment 35723

Of course the reduction of brightness of position lamps without red diode depends by how many current drain the added led. If the latter doesnt' sink current because take the power supply from another terminal, the problem doesn't exist.
How many connections have the brake light you added? 2 or 3?
Thank you MCR, - I have two sets of 16 LED's arranged in each module. The aux LED modules run both as running light with the rear factory assy and as FLASHING when brake light is pressed. Thank You for the elaborate drawing. The company has not responded at all and at this time I don't expect them to. Hoping to fix the issue at hand and that the control module included in the set is not compromised in any fashion. Was working fine when I uninstalled it from my BMW K1200LT onto my Victory for some years and now to my 07 Norge.

Did you test the hyperlites alone connecting them to a battery directly? Post a picture of hyperlites wiring if you need how to do

Back