• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Changing California handlebars

Ken the rider

Just got it firing!
Hi guys, I have recently bought a 2010 California 1100. It has what I would call buckhorn bars, I think they are the standard bars. I would prefer bars that are rather lower. I have seen a set of Stone bars on the Harpers website but they are very expensive, particularly considering that I would have to have them shipped to where I live in New Zealand. Also the existing bars appear to be 30mm in diameter, which will make sourcing alternative bars more difficult. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue and how was it resolved.

The current bars do have the controls mounted on what appears to be a 22.2mm extensions. So I am wondering if there available handlebar clamp spacers that would allow a conventional 22.2 mm bar to be mounted. Any comments would be helpful.

Cheers, Ken

Changing 'bars was recently discussed here.

I think you should check out "Pro Taper" and other brands of tapered bars. I ran "Superbike" style 7/8" bars on my 2000 Jackal (with rear-sets) for the 13 years I owned it. The aftermarket also offers handlebar clamps to bolt to your upper triple clamp. I use them on my Breva, which is fitted with Aprilia "Mana" bars. These are tapered, but clamps for 7/8" bars are commonly available.
Factory bars are expensive simply because they have a parts number on them, and they are only available from the dealer network.
They are also drilled to locate your switch clusters, and have fittings for bar end weights.
Many motorcycle stores carry a good selection of handlebars.

I am still looking to replace my bars on my 2011 Black Eagle. Another option is Renthal's fat bars. I like their products, and unlike Protaper, which looks like a continuous tube, the Renthals share the same design as the factory handles, almost like the 7/8" is inserted into the 1" bar. I know the setup is very subjective, bit with the number of options out there, I'd like to hear from someone who's done the swap -it would be nice to get it right the first time..

Back