Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Dart Flyscreen for your V7

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Aug 27, 2014.

1. davewrites

davewrites Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

My first "mod" may be a Pirahna screen. Any tips? Regrets?

2. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

Check out the Dart Marlin. I have it on my Anniversario and it's great.

GTM® likes this.
  3. Midnite

Midnite Tuned and Synch'ed

I ran a Marlin for the 1st 10,000 miles. Though I appreciated its functionality, I was ready for a different look, so settled on the Pirahna. I vastly prefer the look to the Marlin, and much to my suprise, functionally, it's not much different - even at freeway speeds. I'm 6'2" for reference. If anyone wants the Marlin by the way, let me know...

4. wonderfulremark

wonderfulremark Just got it firing!

I put a Dart Classic screen. looks similar to Pirahna but slightly bigger.

5. TexMexStrada

TexMexStrada Tuned and Synch'ed

+1 for the Piranha, worked well for me. I did a couple of modifications, namely increased rake on the screen and added some edge guard to improve airflow. I reviewed them on my channel if you are interested to learn more:

Wildroamer and davewrites like this.
  6. Mark Jackson

Mark Jackson Just got it firing!

Are there any good quality larger screens to suit an older touring application for my 2015 V711?

7. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Not from Dart since this is the thread you’re posting on here. Guzzi makes a Tour screen, and there’s a handful of aftermarket options. How big of screen are you looking for and budget?

Mayakovski likes this.
  8. Steven Martin

Steven Martin Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

This is the Dart Marlin on a V7II, super easy install, the whole thing attaches to the 2 headlight screws.

AC7C8094-7D6C-4319-AF27-C942AA3086F4.jpeg

DominoDoggy and Wildroamer like this.
  9. DominoDoggy

DominoDoggy Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Steven Martin, your bike looks a lot like mine except yours is cleaner and I have knobby tires! I found this thread AFTER I just ordered a Dart Marlin dark tint windscreen. It should be here in three days, hopefully. That is when the tracking info states it will arrive; we shall see. I'm glad to see what it looks like on your bike. I'm excited!

EDIT: Well I got the Dart Marlin installed. Looks good! Definitely gives an improvement across the speed range, though of course the improvement is most noticeable at highway speed. The wind is off of my chest and I don't feel like I'm about to be blown off the bike.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2021
  10. Steven Martin

Steven Martin Just got it firing! GT di Razza Pura

I liked the wind on my chest but my helmet was darting around anytime I reached our 100KPH speed limit :) the screen is just big enough to almost eliminate this problem. I gravel road mine a bit also now that I've learned to turn the TC off!

11. JC3

JC3 Just got it firing!

12. GTM®

radioheadmike likes this.
  13. Scott F Gasbarro

Scott F Gasbarro Just got it firing!

Got a classic for my new to me 2014 v7 special.

20210908_162447.jpg

14. greer

greer Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

That bike is a beauty, Scott! And welcome to the forum, too.

Sarah

Scott F Gasbarro likes this.
  15. Xtrythis1

Xtrythis1 Tuned and Synch'ed GT Contributor

Is there any GTM update on windscreen mounts for the V7 III night pack? I'm thinking about just sucking it up and getting the OEM MG one even though it's 400 bucks.. Getting a little tired of my body and head getting blown around at 65+mph on my V7 Stone S. I know there was some talk of a bracket for the night pack since the headlight and dial setup was lower but never heard anything else and i can't find that thread...

Thanks!

16. GTM®

Not yet. Still waiting to hear from Dart, but I think they likely won’t get to it soon… I’ll have a go next I have one in the shop.

Xtrythis1 likes this.