• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Dash part number

H Man

Just got it firing!
Hi All,

Does anyone know the part number for the thin backing sticker that has the speedo & rev counter numbers on it in the dash pack for a 2007 1200 Sport please. Mine's a white backing with KMS/hr. Thanks.

You cannot purchase individual components in the dash, at least not from Moto Guzzi.

Some people have found certain electronic components used inside of the dash but not without considerable effort sourcing them out.

Thank you gentlemen for taking the time to reply. I thought I'd seen a breakdown of the dashboard unit somewhere online but if I did I can't find it again. I'm hoping I can resurrect my original backing assuming the PCB comes back repaired OK.

Do a SEARCH here for CARMO. They are in Holland and they specialize in repairing the dashboards on Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

If your unit is repairable, they will tell you yes or no.

Many of us have used them, myself included.

Thanks. I live in Queensland, Australia so I sent the damaged PCB to a fella in Brisbane. He seemed quite confident after seeing the pics I sent him & I'm expecting to hear back from him soon. Hopefully I'll be able to recommend him on here after I get the bike back together.

Given the fragility of these clocks, there must be someone in Aus with a dead set you could canabilise.
It's not too difficult a task after that to break in and switch things around

Hi Tris,

You may well be right. The problem arose coz I stupidly left the bike out in the rain much to my Jap & American bike riding mates amusement. But it's a motorbike right?!
Anyway, water got in & damaged the PCB but the LCD display had given up the ghost ages ago & the odometer crapped out when the previous owner replaced the battery at 40,000kms. The guy I've sent it to seemed pretty confident after looking at the pics & thought he could get the components including the LCD OK. But he said he was busy & suffering some health issues so I've just left it with him although he reckoned a couple of weeks & it's been about that now. So maybe I'll hear something next week but to be honest the bike has spent so much time off the road since I've owned it there's no rush. I put a small split in the speedo backing film when I stripped the unit down but I reckon I can reinstall it OK I just thought I'd have a look for a replacement whilst I was waiting & I appreciate the input from yourself & the other users on here.

Attachments

• IMG_20220620_132155207.jpg
    IMG_20220620_132155207.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 6
Search the forum. There is a thread where a guy cut slots in the unit to allow water to drain. While the unit is off the bike it would be a opportune time to add the slots.

H man.
If your guy can really get new LCDs, get the part no and buy him a drink from everyone in Breva/Norge/12S Guzzidom as the perceived wisdom (including Carmo) is that they can't identify it.
I had a set that I canibilised just for the LCD

Unfortunately, the LCD is not available as a separate component. On mine, the ribbon strip from the LCD broke (the work of some quasi-master who owned a bike before), I turned the internet upside down to find only the LCD, but I couldn't find it by any number. In the end, a dear forum member NPS gave me an LCD from his broken cluster. I suggest you look for the whole cluster set on eBay.

Back