• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Dreams about V100

muhendees

Just got it firing!
Hello everyone!
I've been riding my 2017 V9 bobber for 5 years now and been happy with it. Everything is fine but I can't seem to get comfortable for longer rides. I can think of replacing seat, adding foot peg replacement etc but again I don't really want to spend a lot on this thing and looking at V100

What I really want is comfort to handle both long rides more than 2 hours and also use it as daily commuter in a SoCal freeways with lane splitting.
I watched some reviews and really like the look. I am still having a lot of questinos, and that's why posting here hoping to get some answers from owners.

if you would chose between V100 Stelvio and Mandello what would be your choice and why?
I am 6' and can't seem to liking long rides on V9 bobber - how is leg position in V100?
Do you have an experience of adding a person for long rides and how was that experience?
Price point is OK for me but I am more interested in maintainability of this new kind of engine. With my 853 V9 engine, I've done oil changes and valve adjustments easily - how does that compare to V100?

I really don't want to trade but I don't have a space to keep both bikes, I enjoy riding V9 but it is not working for me from the comfort standpoint right now
Maybe I need to just spend some money on improving V9 - if that's what you think I am ready to hear :)

Hi. I do not have a V9 or V7 but I do own a V100S and several other Moto Guzzi motorcycles.

The new V100S has been saddled with annoying problems left and right. Some have had no issues, while others like me, have had my motorcycle in the service department 8 times in less than 1100 miles.

My suggestion would be to go ride a V85TT. I think you will find it to be a superb motorcycle, the best riding position, and significantly less $$$ than a V100. I have several friends that all ride the V85TT here on GuzziTech, and they all love their machines and I have been impressed with the reliability and performance of these bikes. There are all sorts of deals going on right now on them as well.

If you have a specific question, I will try and answer it.

Good Luck!

he new V100S has been saddled with annoying problems left and right. Some have had no issues, while others like me, have had my motorcycle in the service department 8 times in less than 1100 miles.
I've seen this kind of reviews on internet as well and that's the main reason I am just considering it as an option B
I have rode Kawasaki ZX-14 and BMW R1200 in the past(15 years ago) and toured a lot before moving to US. how does V85TT compare to them?

Now I am thinking about maybe upgrading some parts on my V9 and see how it comes along

While I don’t take away any unlucky owners experience, I must ask people this:
How likely is it that you will read about similar cases from owners of e.g. Japanese brands?
I mean, Moto Guzzi is a very small brand with both sparse service organizations and sometimes questionable dealerships.
MG owners should therefore be expected to build communities on especially internet where they in a much higher degree than Japanese brand owners write about all that they encountered.
MG owners should also be expected to do much more maintenance and work on their bikes themselves, so almost all issues would probably be communicated on internet.

Do people expect the same from Japanese brands?
I certainly think not!
It’s rather expected to a much lower degree of reports that finds it way to internet.
While MG owner’s experience seems to be reported on multiple internet sites, making it look that there are even more owners that have problem with their bikes!
…and the rumors are therefore driven to their extent.

It’s really tiresome to hear continued gaslighting, especially on MG communities!
If anyone here disagree, I think my interest for this site has come to an end.

Hello Muhendees,
If the Stelvio had the upgraded electronic suspension I be buying one just for the slight bigger proportions of the seating positions.
However I have a V100s that is great. I have recently done 350 miles in a day on mine and it was fine with stops every 70 ish miles. I’m 67 and also 6 feet tall.
I hope this helps you make a decision.
Ride safe everyone.

Tebax -

Is it really Gaslighting that you are hearing on this site? Gaslighting would be someone either exaggerating or outright lying about a subject in order to give a wrong perception to people.

I only read a couple of Guzzi sites and I don't see any duplication there of problems that would give people the impression that there are more failures than there actually are.

The coolant leaks and engine failures are real problems. I had been thinking about a V100, and plan to test ride one tomorrow, but if we didn't have sites like this with people sharing real experiences, we wouldn't have all the information we need to make an informed decision....

Lannis

Tebax -

Is it really Gaslighting that you are hearing on this site? Gaslighting would be someone either exaggerating or outright lying about a subject in order to give a wrong perception to people.

I only read a couple of Guzzi sites and I don't see any duplication there of problems that would give people the impression that there are more failures than there actually are.

The coolant leaks and engine failures are real problems. I had been thinking about a V100, and plan to test ride one tomorrow, but if we didn't have sites like this with people sharing real experiences, we wouldn't have all the information we need to make an informed decision....

Lannis
I don’t know, I’m not English spoken so perhaps you shouldn’t take that expression too hard,
The expression might be applicable if a case is referred to repeatedly?
I sure know and appreciate to read all possible information that’s good to know.
And certainly have I read on another forum, despite me just search other places like 2-3 times annually, stuff written hear at Guzzitech first.
But the point is that that small brands like this has a very active ownership regarding sharing things on forums, just due to the sparse dealerships and distance to workshops.
And everything about issues that we think is good to know of, although just a few owners in total encountered, is also being looked at as common problems that scares people away from the brand.
So issues that aren’t common at all, might just be considered common anyway for a small brand if only a few cases have happened on the bikes.

Back