• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

easier on the bum

Roblatt

High Miler
Hi all,

I've just learned to post pics, so I thought I share some stuff.

My B11 seat becomes uncomfortable after an hour or so. On long rides it's really uncomfortable and bring on fatigue quite quickly.
So I looked at Airhawks, and they're a bit pricey when I need one for the pillion too. Remodeling the seat changes its shape and I like the way it looks. Buying a spare and remodeling it for long tours is also costly.

I tried a lambswool cover from an old car seat cover I had. It only gave me an extra hour or two of comfort.

So, I went to the local rubber store and they gave me a scrap piece of high density foam they had lying around.

Both lambswool and foam were cut to the size and shape of the seat, with the lambswool being a little larger to cover the foam. I the had the boss sew some straps to the lambswool, for and aft, with plastic snap clips attached. The foam was then glued to the back of the lambswool, and presto, a soft seat cover.

I road 864km over two days on twisty alpine roads and the bum was fresh except for the last two odd hours.

here are some pics of what I've done. Total cost - about $3 for the clips

Now I need to find a way to protect the jewels coming down the mountains. Mrs Pillion keeps sliding into me and it ain't pleasant.

I will post pics of the trip in the appropriate area of the forum.

BTW, this throttle lock was a god send on the Highways

Roblatt wrote:
I thought I had a series of pictures but they all came out the same.

Robert

Hi Robert,
Using the "choose image" button only works for 1 photo per post (some members just place multiple posts). For multiples, you'll have better luck using photobucket or other pic hosting sites and cutting & pasting links.

May be an easier/more effective way but I'm too lazy to work it out myself;)

I've had it on the bike for a couple of years now and have been really pleased.

I couldn't remember the brand so I called the retailer where I got it and he said they're made by a mob called Vista. Here in Oz they retail for between $40 and $60 depending on which you buy. Apparently there are about 6 types available. When I got mine it was just the one available.

There are 2 sizes 7/8" and 1". But I can't remember which I bought. I had the bike at the shop at the time and just tried each 'till I got the correct fit.

I had to peel the grip back to expose the white plastic underneath to allow free movement. I also had to file down the plastic hinges on the throttle lock until almost none remained just to get it to fit, but that's OK 2 years on it still works well.

Also, if like me you have Oxfords, you will need to play with the positioning of the cable for the Oxfords so the throttle doesn't stick. This is just a matter of using zip ties so the Oxford cables don't interfere with free movement since there is now more congestion there.

If you want, I can take it off and show pics of what I just explained. It's takes seconds to get it off and on.

cheers

Robert

Roblatt

Well done there with both the seat addition and photo posting!

Butt, I've sat all day on my Breva many times and never had a sore bum. Sure the seat is firmish, but shape matters more that softness and the Breva seat is very well shaped IMHO. No complaints from my pillion either.

On long rides I have been known to stand on the footrests for a few km at a time but that's more to stretch my legs than take pressure off my bum. When a topbox is fitted, my pillion also stands occasionally and holds my shoulders. Sometimes we both stand together, which must be a strange sight!

The throttle action on the Breva is extremely light so I'm left wondering why a grip holder is needed. Then again one of my riding mates uses one on all his bikes, but he does have arthritis in his thumbs. Maybe for riding for hours on end at a fixed speed I'd get the point but that condition never occurs here.

Graham

GrahamNZ wrote:
Roblatt

Well done there with both the seat addition and photo posting!

Butt, I've sat all day on my Breva many times and never had a sore bum. Sure the seat is firmish, but shape matters more that softness and the Breva seat is very well shaped IMHO. No complaints from my pillion either.

On long rides I have been known to stand on the footrests for a few km at a time but that's more to stretch my legs than take pressure off my bum. When a topbox is fitted, my pillion also stands occasionally and holds my shoulders. Sometimes we both stand together, which must be a strange sight!

The throttle action on the Breva is extremely light so I'm left wondering why a grip holder is needed. Then again one of my riding mates uses one on all his bikes, but he does have arthritis in his thumbs. Maybe for riding for hours on end at a fixed speed I'd get the point but that condition never occurs here.

Graham

Graham,

being of Italian extraction, I obviously the wrong shaped bum for an Italian bike, or I'm not too bike fit. Either way I get really sore, so does the boss. Anyway, I've read many folk are OK with the seat, I think I'm in the minority.

As for the throttle lock, on freeways and highways, I can set the throttle, lock it in and give my right hand, wrist a rest for a few moments while I shake them around to get some blood flowing again. I don't, and wouldn't recommend to use this for any more than a few moments at the time - too dangerous.

cheers

Roblatt wrote:
How do I do a view of the pics before I post?
Rob, you aren't able to (of course), and still for now it's one per post. Nice job regardless.

Rob

I'n not sure about precisely what you're asking, but using Photobucket I can post multiple photos and view them in Preview before posting using Submit..

Do we need another thread about photo posting? I know what to do using photobucket.com but not any other method.

Graham

Back