• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

EV MG?

The extra batteries/cylinders are an interesting styling idea.
300km is a very decent range. That's what I get on my Norge until the reserve light comes on.

100 HP electric motor! If computers/controllers make full use of the motor’s capabilities, it could be fun (or challenging) and rear tire might need frequent replacement.

Acceleration of electric Powered vehicles have is absolutely breathtaking.. !
I knew it but - still.. got to try…
4 door ugly Tesla … last thing I would ever sit in on a stoplight next to my 450hp Corvette……
I got soooo spanked….
But I still had a smile on my face because I can do that “ pedal to the metal“ game all day long.. (while emitting an “non” intrusive but still smile inflicting sound) and he has to find a charging station with a burger place. ( use the time when you have to wait)
Times are changing and peoples expectations regarding transportation are too…
For me, sitting in or on something that has absolutely no soul, doesn’t make any noise (or smell)
would be torture !
Today’s generation wants to be connected with hotspot and Bluetooth and Internet at Hell knows what… I just don’t want it.. plain and simple.
Electric vehicles have advantages but…. NO‼️ not for me..
And here comes in the debate about the electronic components in today’s vehicles…
Manufactures will not producing all the electronic components for combustion engines anymore after say 10 years, so cars and eventually motorcycles will die just because of parts that are not available anymore once the used parts shelf’s are empty…and you can’t fix an ECU..
What’s left…
New Electric or old carbureted stuff…

I know which direction I will go

Last edited:
Personally the V100 concept would sit very well with me. Good range, nice and muscular looking. And as said above, the acceleration of electric is mind blowing. If charging can be quick and there is a good layout of stations then I could see going to this in the future.

Yes, I LOVE ICE. But like it or hate it, this IS the future. I will own my V7 III as long as able, and still plan to get a Norge someday. But down the road, if you want something new and/or something affordable, then electric will be the only ticket in town.

Aside from -see above- feeding the power through a driveshaft and then turning it 90 degrees is a major loss in range… a hub motor would increase efficiency and therefore range…

A hub motor of that horsepower would be rather large and add unsprung weight. A small hub motor in the front wheel would be an interesting addition for more regenerative braking.

There is just no free lunch…
Do you know how bloody heavy the final drive is…
It did blow my mind when I got mine polished… just wow!

Attachments

• 1ED1B12B-47DB-4CA2-8A45-842320CBF858.png
    1ED1B12B-47DB-4CA2-8A45-842320CBF858.png
    821.4 KB · Views: 14
If any EV bike would have soul, I bet Guzzi would be the closest in making one...
Using one “ valve cover “ for holding the spaghetti warm and the other “valve cover” for the sauce… This way you can have a meal while waiting for the charge…

Attachments

• F326A0BB-2271-4B48-ABCC-B4AC3B0BAD71.jpeg
    F326A0BB-2271-4B48-ABCC-B4AC3B0BAD71.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 13
Back