Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Front Brake Reservoir leak

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by dts, Jul 31, 2018.

1. dts

dts Just got it firing! GT Contributor

So I was out highway riding yesterday on my new 2016 V7ii Special and I noticed brake fluid coming out the top of my reservoir. I pulled over and tightened up the screws but it still seeped a bit out the seam between the reservoir and cap. the bike has 700 km on it now and it was 32 degrees c when I was riding.

Has anyone seen this before? I'm going to check today but I was thinking maybe it was overfilled.

Thanks,
    DTS

2. Bill Hagan

Bill Hagan GT Reference GT Famiglia

Above Pott's Camp along Braddock's route, Virginia
    Happened to my Stornello, too.

Learned that it's a known issue, tho not a recall. Recall that it involves a new-style cap on the II's that does not work as well as the older version.

Was fixed under warranty. Another positive experience with the service department at https://www.motorichmond.com.

I sent an email with pix in the a.m., and had an approval and appointment for a fix before the sun set that same day. Mighty rare sort of impressive customer service in my experience, especially with Guzzis. Second time with same sort of same-day approval with MotoRichmond.

I had been using one of Kathi's elastic hair bands to stave off seepage while I wondered how to fix. Worked fine, but I'd see about the fix rather than do that indefinitely. ;)

Bill

3. Sean_Kelly

Sean_Kelly Tuned and Synch'ed

Had this issue come up as well on my 2016 V7II at about 18,000miles.

This is what I read as well, I replaced it with the previous style cap and haven't had an issue since, the part number for the older cap is: GU03661145.

4. dts

Just got it back from the first service. Dealer had no problem with warranty replacement of the cap along with the rear engine seal which is also leaking. The only issue is it's about a 2 week wait for the parts. Thanks guys for the info and the part number. if the new cap still leaks I'll search out the old part.

5. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

rear engine seal??? hard to believe. I'd make sure that is what it is myself before I let somebody start operating on my bike.

6. dts

Yeah it had developed a pretty substantial leak, enough to be dripping on the ground after a ride. I pointed it out to them before they did the first service. The shop has one certified Moto Guzzi mechanic. He troubleshot it to the engine main rear seal and ordered the parts. It's all covered under warranty so they aren't doing it to get money out of me. I'm comfortable with his diagnosis.