• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Injection Compensator

Larry Vance

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Has anyone tried this product?

motociclo.com.au/products/bikes-related-items/bike-accessories/moto-guzzi/v7-series/adjustable-fuel-injection-compens

The 8 Jet Corsa Corta Modules are the Modern and Reliable Alternative to the Dynojet and Fat duc 02 Optimiser Manipulators for Moto Guzzi, Ducati and Aprilia Fuel Injected Motorcycles.

It's attempting to fool the ECU into believing the exhaust gases are too lean and enriching the mixture by altering the signal from the O2 sensor. I'm not quite sure how this one is any different than the rest, especially when they start talking about "pulse width" in the description. It is my understanding that the O2 output is a steady voltage. Be that as it may, many have damaged their bikes by trying to fool the ECU. I believe part of the problem is that the ECU has a fuel map and the mixture is varied based on the engine RPM. The O2 sensor modifier just richens up the mixture across the board. It may now be good at low RPM, but horribly over-fueled at say 2500 RPM.

I've read on various forums where a guy with a Griso completely trashed his engine with an O2 sensor modifier. The mixture was so rich that the fuel washed down the cylinder walls and diluted the oil causing catastrophic failure. I read of another case of a guy with a Shiver that actually melted his catalytic converter. The rich unburned fuel in the exhaust was re-ignited by the hot cat.

If you really want to do something about the lean fueling, send our host, Todd, a note. I had him load a new map on both of the V7s I've had and it's well worth the effort.

pokeyjoe said "...If you really want to do something about the lean fueling, send our host, Todd, a note. I had him load a new map on both of the V7s I've had and it's well worth the effort."

I totally concur - from personal experience!

My used 2004 Breva 750 came with a Power Commander - installed by the Previous Owner. It ran like a pig and got under 40 mpg.

I ripped off the PC and had Todd re-flash my ECU. What a difference after I reinstalled the "born-again" ECU:
High 50s mpg and the sweetest running bike I've ever owned.

Just do it.

'Geezer

Always start with a search on these topics. Plenty here. First know that I offer a version of this here on the site; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-02-optimizers/ - mine are small adaptive powered circuit boards, not crude resistors. Secondly, anything that attaches to the 02-sensors will ONLY adjust low speed/throttle fueling, nor address the step from closed to open loop. Additionally, depending on your year, you may need two of your bike has two stock sensors.
For all of the reasons John lists above, is why you should just put the money towards a reflash that corrects all of the map.

Always start with a search on these topics. Plenty here. First know that I offer a version of this here on the site; https://www.guzzitech.com/store/product/gt-02-optimizers/ - mine are small adaptive powered circuit boards, not crude resistors. Secondly, anything that attaches to the 02-sensors will ONLY adjust low speed/throttle fueling, nor the step from closed to open loop. Additionally, depending on your year, you may need two of your bike has two stock sensors.
For all of the reasons John lists above, is why you should just put the money towards a reflash that corrects all of the map.

Todd,

Thanks for all you do in this regard.

I understand that the ECU from my V7 in now in your capable hands for a reflash.

Have a great and safe holiday.

Regards,

Gerry

I had a device on my 2007 Dyna glide called XDEI or something like that and it helped a great deal keeping the bike cooler at lights and such. The bike ran so lean at the lower rpm's it would run erratic and alarmingly hot at lights and low speeds. It plug into the co2 sensors with a male/female pig tale, just some type of resistor is all it was, worked great on that bike. Didn't even get a check engine light.

On this bike listen to Todd and do the flash.

Some of these later EFI bikes are much more complex then only just a couple years ago. Some of the new bikes the resistor trick will no longer work as with the older systems.

Back