• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Fuel Mapping

FrostBittenCanadian

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Hello all: I've seen discussed on another thread talk of the latest fuel mapping for the stelvio. Since I will be taking mine in shortly for it's first service and the Cam recall I would like to know if anyone out here knows of the name/designation of the latest fuel map. I find mine to be quite snatchy at low rpm, below say 3000 - 3500 and thought it would be a good idea to make sure iut's got the latest and greatest since the opinion seems to be with the latest it is greatly reduced ( Yes the slack in the throttle cables has been regularily adjusted out, keeping a min. say 1/16- 1/8 in.) If anyone knows I'd appreciate it. I like to know what I'm talking about with dealers/ mechanics. Thanks FBC

Not having played with a Stelvio yet I don't even know if there is a second map for it.

There is a reprogramming option in the Axone menu but unlike the 8V Griso Reprogramming option you don't get a message scrolling across the screen when you pick it out. Now it could be that you actually need to plug it in to a bike so that the 'Pooter is recognised before it will tell you anything else but with the Griso it does tell you there is an option. whether it did this BEFORE I'd plugged it into mine I can't remember.

Perhaps Navigator offers other options but i don't think so. I think it is essentially the same crap as Axone but with a Bluetooth option for connection to the bike. I haven't seen Navigator yet and the importer doesn't seem to think it will replace the had held device any time soon.

Pete

Axone is the crappy hand held diagnostic tool that Guzzi/Aprilia use for all their diagnopstics, tuning and upgrades. Your dealer should have one and should know how to use it. It's the only tool, (Apart from Navigator which is a computer and bluetooth version of the same stuff.) that will have the factory map upgrades in it. There are several other options for reading the diagnostics and tuning purposes and you DO need one of those if you're going to service the machine correctly as the TPS is set electronically.

Your dealer SHOULD have Axone or Navigator. Over here you're obliged to buy in to become a service agent or dealer. It seems though that many shops are reluctant to plug the tool in and use it. I'm not sure why? I think probably because they thing if they press the wrong button they'll fry the 'pooter or something. No training with it doesn't help of course.

Pete

Thanks Pete, now I know. Maybe one of these days I'll be able to tell one of you guys something you need to know!

To answer your question, there IS a version 2 map for the Stelvio. As long as your dealer has kept getting his software upgrades for the Axone it is in there. It takes about 3 minutes to do the upgrade. If your dealer is unfamiliar, he could call Jason Speaker (Speaker's Cycles) and he could give him a run down. I watched Jason change mine. He said the menu option isn't obvious, but if you know where to go, the maps are in the unit.
The new map will solve the "hunting" issues in the 3-4K range. It won't take away the popping on decelleration, and won't change fuel efficiency much. but it's definitely a noticeable and worthwhile improvement, though.

As John mentioned, the main thing I have noticed is that the new map reduces or eliminates the surging or hunting at cruise.

When they plug in the Axone, it will tell them what version you now have, and what new version is available, when you go to the mapping page. I wasn't thinking ahead when we did mine, and didn't write down the numbers.

Pete/John/ Wayne: Picked up my Stelvio this afternoon after having its first service and the cam recall done. When I took it in I asked for them to check the status of the fuel map in mine and was told it sounded like a throttle position sensor issue. They checked the Fuel map status and mine has the latest map, but the throttle position sensor did need to be remapped (calibrated or whatever the correct terminology would be) and the result is quite astounding. The engine is now smooth and consistent below 4000 rpm ( regardless of the rpm your holding it at) and it idles more like what I figured a big V-twin should,it always seemed kind of busy to me but I put this down to my ignorance of most things Guzzi. Now it lopes along like a v-twin should and is so much nicer to ride. Anyway I'm quite impressed with the result and the dealers smarts/knowledge regarding the product. Thought you guys might like to hear the end result. Oh yeah I got the guzzi handguards installed while I was at it ... ouch those suckers are expensive on these shores! FBC

Not to be a skeptic, but I didn't think any of them came with the version 2 map in them from the factory (??) Does the dealer have experience with the remap process? Again, I was told that the map change menu is less than obvious in the axone.(Not having hands -on experience myself with this, I'm just repeating what I think my dealer said)

Setting the TPS correctly would also have a noticeable benefit, for sure.

JohninPA: The bike I have has been in the Country since at least Sept last year ( did the deal in Oct. 08,picked it up end of Mar/09), prior to me picking it up they (dealer) were to check it for any outstanding bulletins and latest configuration. The bike may have left the factory without the second map but I have to trust that it was incorporated somewhere along the line, as I'm told it has the latest map, and the throttle position sensor was the culprit. FBC

Back