• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Godspeed BJ Schwartz

OK Rich.........I'll aim for you at that time.............I'll be leaving the east Valley at 8 am and should be in your area by 8:30.

Right now I'm planning on driving up from Burbank, leaving about 8:30 (subject to change). Have room for 1 in the car if anyone wants to hitch a ride. I'll check back later tonight.

I have a LOT on my plate tomorrow, but I am going to try and make it. If I go, I'll be bombing straight out and not meeting at any of the posted locations. If I don't make it, tell Gail that I send my best, and consider me there in spirit.

Nick, Rich, Rog, Todd, All, A small contingent of us will be leaving San Diego North County at about 8:15. I`d guess we`ll be pulling off the 15 at D street heading east at around 9:30 and will be looking for a gas stop and such. We`ll keep an eye out for anyone taking a break in that area and then see you all there... Bill R.

pete roper said:
I'm sure I won't be remembered, especially in thse circumstances, but can someone give a hug and my best wishes to his wife, (Gail?). I'll be there in spirit.

Pete
Just to let you know Pete, I delivered on your request and yes she did remember you. She seemed touched to receive a message of love from so far away at such a time.
Larry

IMAG0039.jpg

IMAG0031.jpg

RR & Nick
IMAG0040.jpg

Roger
IMAG0036.jpg

Tom Short (hat), girl friend, BJ's Grandson, & Bob.
IMAG0032.jpg

Bill Ross and the San Diego Contingent.
IMAG0043.jpg

IMAG0046.jpg

Hat Guy, Moe & Mark. Who is the hat guy?
IMAG0045.jpg

Fader & The Boss Guzzi Girl.
IMAG0051.jpg

BJ's Garage
IMAG0049.jpg

Lupo (left) & BJ's Son
IMAG0048.jpg

The last ride is always at the end of the garage...
IMAG0053.jpg

Get together at BJ's
IMAG0052.jpg

The Guzzi's show up.
IMAG0054.jpg

Bob & Lupo say good by.

Just a reminder, the actual burial will be 12 noon Monday at San Fernando Mission Cemetary in Mission Hills, off Sepulveda Blvd just north of 118. Exit 42A (Sepulveda) off 118 between 405 & 5 freeways. Family will be there, also Roger per his prior post and me, maybe some others. I'll be there on my T3 with a 1000SP front wheel mounted that I bought from BJ at his old Van Nuys store, oh, about 28 years ago. He always told me what a great bike he thought the T3 was, in his (& my) opinion one of the best Guzzis ever.

Lupo said:
pete roper said:
I'm sure I won't be remembered, especially in thse circumstances, but can someone give a hug and my best wishes to his wife, (Gail?). I'll be there in spirit.

Pete
Just to let you know Pete, I delivered on your request and yes she did remember you. She seemed touched to receive a message of love from so far away at such a time.
Larry

Thank you Larry. I dips me lid to ya.

Pete

guzzibob said:
Just a reminder, the actual burial will be 12 noon Monday at San Fernando Mission Cemetary in Mission Hills, off Sepulveda Blvd just north of 118. Exit 42A (Sepulveda) off 118 between 405 & 5 freeways. Family will be there, also Roger per his prior post and me, maybe some others. I'll be there on my T3 with a 1000SP front wheel mounted that I bought from BJ at his old Van Nuys store, oh, about 28 years ago. He always told me what a great bike he thought the T3 was, in his (& my) opinion one of the best Guzzis ever.
Thanks Bob, Dennis Shields should be there as well. I am going to try and make it but I am tied up in West L.A. until exactly noon. I'm going to ring Dennis and/or you to see if I can make it there in time.

jdgretz said:
I'll be joining you for the Monday interment. Is there a meet up location for a caravan to the cemetery, or are we just meeting up there before the service?

jdg

No caravan as far as I know, & I think much smaller numbers than what we had up in Apple Valley/Hesperia. I expect to get there 11:30, more or less.

That was a great article indeed.

"One year we gave him a special appreciation award, but he wasn't there to accept; BJ was down in the campground helping somebody fix their bike."

That somebody was me. BJ skipped dinner to help my sort out some electrical gremlins on the $140 ratpile Convert I had ridden from San Diego to Prescott for the rally. What a great guy and what a great philosophy of life he had.

I didn’t know BJ very well; we met at an Oregon rally once or twice, around 1990. I remember him because, besides being a nice guy, he turned me on to Zion National Park. We were shoot'n the breeze one evening about our own road trips, where we've been, etc., when he told me that I’ve got to visit Zion National Park that it’s “better than the Grand Canyon”. So the following year on my way back from an Arizona rally I stopped by Zion and spent a week there, well, I fell in love with the place and continued to visit the park for many years afterwards. Zion became a spiritual pilgrimage for me. My experiences there were unlike anything anywhere else. I'm grateful to him for introducing me to the place when he did; it’s not the same anymore. I’m sure I thanked him at subsequent rallies. During a visit there summer, I met new friends there and thought of BJ once again, and in my mind, thanked him. The pics posted of his shop; what a treasure! A guru den… All you guys in SoCal have been fortunate to have spent more time with him.

Farewell BJ; my condolences to his family.

I'm not surprised at all that it took only a little time with BJ to make a big impression. I do indeed feel very fortunate to have had as much contact with him over the years as I did.

Back