• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Greetings from Carson City Nevada area

Hughbie

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Dayton, Nevada, United States of America (the)
Good morning all,
I just caught the tidbit about the MGNOC and the Rally in Dayton. I will definitely be there. So glad I joined this forum. Amazing how much knowledge and help is available in here. I must admit I’m anti social media, I’ve never delved into mySpace, twitter or the rabbit hole of Facebook. I never will. But this type of socializing really is appealing.
I have a 1971 Ambassador affectionately known as the Purple Pig. It has some upgrades like an Eldo 5 speed and allegedly an 850 top end. I have no way of knowing if it’s really an 850 and I doubt it as it doesn’t pull that hard in the Carson Mountain Range. Maybe a cam is in order…. Anyways I love this bike because of all its quirks. It waddles and squats and the drum brakes suuuuuuck.
Another bike I ride is a 1966 Harley Davidson FLH. I built it in the winter of 1990 from a bare frame and 20 boxes of parts by the fire in my living in the foothills of the Santa Cruz mtns. The Blue Boar and I have been up and down both coasts and many many places in between. She’s got an S&S 84” mild stroker kit etc. we’ve ridden Ireland, England, Scotland and Wales. The boar has never been winterized and has been in the snow plenty.
Another bike in the stable is an RD250 with 6,000 original miles. That one starts first kick like a Stihl chainsaw on its first pull. I’ve also suffered a ‘69 Suzuki 350 two stroker, ‘78 YZ250 and others.
Latest bike is a 2022 V85TT. GREAT BIKE. I put down 8,000 miles on her May/June. I’d still be riding her but for the crank position sensor code disabled the throttle. I soloed the MABDR Mid Atlantic Back Country Discovery Route on her. I did a little bit of the AZ and the NM BDRs on the way out there. I’m headed to Sturgis on the Hog this week but would much rather be on the V85TT as I want to run the Black Hills BDRX post rally.
In September if I have the TT back AND this ginormous Park Fire near Chico is out I am going to run the CABDR north. It runs from Mammoth Lakes to Oregon.
Cheers

IMG_4814.jpeg IMG_2047.jpeg

Fun, thanks for posting your bike history.
Congrats and welcome to the GT Forum! This isn’t social media, it’s a Tech Forum. It’s become a full time job because of social media for me. Hope you’ll add your info to our Registry below. Enjoy the site! Cheers!

Welcome. Great collection of bikes. I especially like the sound of the Harley.

Back