• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GT V9 Bobber Tail Tidy Kit

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Last edited:
Is the license plate light built in?
Per above... and/or a LED plate surround for tag light/turns - so no it doesn't as shown. I will be running the LED plate surround on my RentAGuzzi.com V9/7.

pr_int-sides.jpg

So where are all the V9 Bobber owners? No comments or votes from anyone that owns one...? Or can I guess not many people own one?

Still haven't bought mine yet, hopefully within the next couple months. This wouldn't be at the top of my list of mods, but I'd definitely get one in due time. A side view shot would be nice.

Still haven't bought mine yet, hopefully within the next couple months. This wouldn't be at the top of my list of mods, but I'd definitely get one in due time. A side view shot would be nice.
OK, what would be at the top of your list?
I will post a picture of the side once I get the stock connectors to make it plug and play.

My list:
1) OEM fly screen (looks great if nothing else)
2) OEM rear rack (ditto)
3) C-Bow mounts and bags (hopefully these are compatible with OEM rear rack so I don't have to choose between them)
4) Mistrals (only slightly exaggerating when I say this is the whole point of getting this bike)
5) tail tidy? (stock is abominable so, yes, very interested in kit)
6) Matris shocks
7) Matris catridges

Suspension upgrades might move up the list depending on how I feel about stock after a 1,000 or so miles. Test ride indicated stock suspension somewhat better than V7. Might not need immediate replacement in which case I'd prioritize other things.

This is all going to happen! I've just been a little delayed.

My list...
Thanks for writing that out. The C-Bows should work in conjunction, or at least HB's do, see below.
I was going to work on slip-ons, which I started, but then converted my V9 to a V7 look, including a full custom build exhaust I plan on offering here.
OK, I'll do a short run of the Tail Tidy kits.
Rear shocks are a touch better than the abysmal Olle & Bitubo shocks, but the forks are terrible, but better than the V7 yes. I've upgraded mine to the Matris fork kit, and a special to be announced rear shock.

Thanks again for the post.

HB-V9-RR-CBow1.jpg

I've got a V9 Roamer. A nice tail tidy like this would look sweet! Maybe with a 'slightly small' liscence plate and the LED turns signals. Could you show a picture of something like that, in stainless on a bike?

Do the V7iii and V9 tail tidy kit have the same bend-angle?

I’m doing a custom chop on the rear fender of my V7III and I’m thinking about using one of these tail tidy kits. The shorter I chop, the more I move the light up on the fender, the sharper the angle on the tidy kit will have to be. Since the V9 already has a shorter fender, I was thinking the tail light angle would aim more downward on the V9 kit than the V7... Assuming there is a difference.

If the light isn’t angled down enough, could I bend it a bit without ruining the paint on the kit too much?

Completely different brackets. The V7 has one bend, the V9 has two. See the photos. Which model V7 III are you fitting it to?

Yeah I know they are different. I am doing a custom chop of a plastic fender on my v7iii special. I can make any mount-hole configuration I need. I think I could use either the v7 or v9 tidy kit. just wondering which has a sharper angle between the mount point and the light and whether I can physically bend it more without ruining the paint on the bracket too much. I’m probably only going to leave 6-9 inches of fender behind the seat, to install the light.

thanks for the reply!

Use the V7 III TTK. It’s powder-coat, not paint, so it’s fairly flexible. The angle is ~20 degrees.

On the V9 roamer I wound up eith a 30 degree angle to mount my bracket to the stock mounting holes in the fender and the tailight is level. The bobber will have a different angle I believe. There are not many tailight options for the V9

I was working on this before I found the tail tidy thread. Unless you have access to a mill and the time just buying the kit from GTM would be more practical and I bet he can adapt the tail light of your choice to the kit.

The lucas style Tail light I purchased has a clear window in the bottom of the lens to light up the tag.

Back