• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Airbox lid with Dyno runs

GTM®

Administrator
Staff member
GT di Razza Pura
Dyno graph below shows the 1151cc 2V engine; Stock (blue lines) vs GTM Full Kit: Air box lid w/HF filter, Free-flow muffler (red lines) : +15 rwhp & 22 ft.lbs. @3650 RPM once corrected with our ECU update and Power Commander/AutoTune found on our online Store HERE.

1200 2V STK vs GTM FK Noted

GTM BNS ABL

Had a quick look this arv to see what might be involved in getting started at the install.

I notice that there are no mounts on the new aid box lid for this thing. I recon keeping it will require fabrication of some mounts, as looking at it I am sure it will vibrate excessively without some support. Not hard just needs a couple of simple brackets.

BUT - What does it do? Can I remove it?

Would be good to remove it, as I would like to use the space for my HID igniters.

Mike C Airbox

Mike.C said:
Had a quick look this arv to see what might be involved in getting started at the install.

I notice that there are no mounts on the new aid box lid for this thing. I recon keeping it will require fabrication of some mounts, as looking at it I am sure it will vibrate excessively without some support. Not hard just needs a couple of simple brackets.

BUT - What does it do? Can I remove it?

Would be good to remove it, as I would like to use the space for my HID igniters.

I wouldn't 't go there, That's your engine air breather box and it is needed. No fabrication needed as it is supported by the hose's, specifically the large diameter one on the bottom. It wont move. I suppose if it will make you happy you can tie wrap it through the unused mounting screw holes.

How much more induction sound is produced? I would love the extra torque but I dont think I would like the induction roar very much.

NPS said:
How much more induction sound is produced? I would love the extra torque but I dont think I would like the induction roar very much.
I can't comment on the 1200 sport but can tell you on the Norge the induction noise at a steady throttle is hardly noticeable until you grab a handful of throttle and that aint all that bad !

Thank you Todd-
Your airbox lid works super on my Norge!
With the other mods already done (Mistral muffler + ECU-swap) this upgrade make the most boosts.
Nice sound effect too, I barely can’t stop riding today.

/alfaguzzi

Thanks for the post and business Alfa, glad to hear it. The lid complemented with proper fueling and high-flow element, is a big grin inducer for sure. Enjoy!

I've now installed the GTM airbox lid and HF filter and sorted out fueling with PC-V and Autotune. Really an awesome improvement - I love the sound and I feel a surge in acceleration. Great mod - thanks, Todd.

Does this mod use a stock fitment filter? By that I mean I already have a K&N aftermarket filter fitted to the stock airbox?

Cheers,
Ian

Pheebster said:
Does this mod use a stock fitment filter? By that I mean I already have a K&N aftermarket filter fitted to the stock airbox and was wondering if I'd still need to buy the BMC ?
Ian, yes it will fit the stock element or K&N just fine. Fueling modification is mandatory.

They are not. I made ~20 of them and it took ~13 years to sell them.

This is the reality of providing solutions for our boutique brand that I have written about often!

No maker of solutions for Moto Guzzi, does it to get rich. If they break even or make a little profit, then they've done very well because there is no “economy of scale” in this marque.

I have one on my Stelvio NTX and it is amazing.

I thank Todd silently, every time I ride it!

still haven't found one. i will pay extra to acquire one

You are aware that SUBSTANTIAL & SIGNIFICANT fuel modifications are necessary to run with this setup, yes?

e.g. you will need at a minimum, a revised fueling map from GTM, and really, a PC-V and AutoTune setup for it to run properly.

Just want you to know what you want to do is more than an air box lid modification. 👌👍

You are aware that SUBSTANTIAL & SIGNIFICANT fuel modifications are necessary to run with this setup, yes?

e.g. you will need at a minimum, a revised fueling map from GTM, and really, a PC-V and AutoTune setup for it to run properly.

Just want you to know what you want to do is more than an air box lid modification. already have the flash I just going to contact Todd and have them
I already have gtms flash in there. I just have to let them know that I'm installing it

yup, I'm the first that started the quest. so far, nothing. bummers, I have the pc-6 and auto tune coming too!

I combined these two threads. I've updated the first post here with the dyno chart that was missing. It is for the 1200-2V motor showing gains of +15 rwhp & 22 ft.lbs. @3650 RPM over stock with our full kit. I am digging to see if I have any left... If not, I can likely 3D print these in carbon-fiber reinforced plastic.

I combined these two threads. I've updated the first post here with the dyno chart that was missing. It is for the 1200-2V motor showing gains of +15 rwhp & 22 ft.lbs. @3650 RPM over stock with our full kit. I am digging to see if I have any left... If not, I can likely 3D print these in carbon-fiber reinforced plastic.
put me first on the list sir. does anybody have a pic of “the lid”

put me first on the list sir. does anybody have a pic of “the lid”
Will do. Image and dyno graph updated on the first post of this thread. You can cut the lid open, though air flow is less turbulent via a bell mouth inlet like the lid shown. For those wanting this mod with the fuel kit, I’ll try and get some done.

My 07 Norge has this air box lid, the ecu flash, PCV and Remus exhaust when I bought it. Todd added the autotune recently and I'm having to retrain my throttle happy hand to develop an eco mode.
Its just rewards being revved bottom to top now. I didn't even know I had a shift light or rev limiter before.

IMG 20221125 105353

Back