• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Griso Crash Bars

I own a Griso and...

• Total voters

Robert Gibson

High Miler
GT Contributor
Having dealt with the Hepco crash bars over the years with slight fitment issues, and pretty much failing function in anything other than a parking lot tip-over, I engineered and built a superior version and am making them available on our online Store >HERE< - Pics below.
Fit is mindlessly good, and far stronger as we use the frame stud for the top mount, rather than the M5 bodywork bolt. Also, for those that know metallurgy, we use .125" 4130 chromoly tubing.
Quality.

Having dealt with the Hepco crash bars over the years with chronic fitment issues, and pretty much failing in function with anything other than a very slow foot-assisted tip-over, I engineered and built a superior version and am making them available on our online Store >HERE< - Pics below.
Fit is mindlessly easy, and superior in strength as we lassoed the frame stud for the top mount, rather than the fragile aluminum M5 bodywork bolt to hold them in place and keep them from rotating in a crash. Made of 4130 chromoly tubing. Limited production (mostly built to order).

GTM GrCrshBrs1
GTM GrCrshBrs2
GTM GrCrshBrs3
GTM GrCrshBrs4

Pics added to show how they fit onto the frame. Upper mount simply lassos the tank “wing” bolt stud. The bottom mounts uses the stock engine bolt/mount location, it is a tapered fit into the frame.

D7BF2105 DD75 46C3 80A2 2F441085BED7
11693273 CD47 41BC A493 03DC0EC79FBB
4CC76D09 204E 4094 AD0E 61234A05DB27

We sold out of the first run batch. Curious if there is interest in me making more? Makes for a good stocking stuffer to yourself. ;)

Just installed these on my 2017 Griso.

I had purchased a set of the Hepco-Becer crash bars that did not fit and have been languishing in my spare parts storage.

The GTM bars:
- were very easy to install
- fit perfectly
- look a lot better on the bike than they do in the pictures

Hopefully I will never find out how well they work. After high-siding my RnineT I decided the exposed heads on a Guzzi (or a BMW Boxer) really need additional protection. I was about ready to drag the Hepco-Becker crash bars back out and give them a try when I saw Todd's ad.

These are on my radar for my 17 griso
Thanks Bob. I am sold out of the first batch run. Any others will by built to order, so the price will creep up after the first of the year because of material costs. Just FYI to all reading this.

I'd like to put a set of these on and use them as a mounting point for some aux lighting.

I mounted my crash bars today. Perfect fit and extremely strong. Good job on the design Todd. Much better than the HB bars and worth the extra money if they are ever needed.

BC66C42A 2DAF 4A0E BD8B C194D335D377

Just got a set of these- anybody got a torque value for tightening the bolts?

They look way nicer than the Hepco version.

Just got a set of these- anybody got a torque value for tightening the bolts?
They look way nicer than the Hepco version.
60 lb.ft.
Thanks, not only do they look nicer, but they will certainly do the job and not destroy the items they are intended to protect!

60 lb.ft.
Thanks, not only do they look nicer, but they will certainly do the job and not destroy the items they are intended to protect!
Thanks Todd,

Easy install, and they do seem to be engineered and built very well.

I hope that I never get to test them and they just sit there and look good.

Ride safe,

Easy install, and they do seem to be engineered and built very well.
I hope that I never get to test them and they just sit there and look good. Ride safe,
Thanks Ron, hope so too!
Now if I can only ever sell more than a few sets per year it'll make up for my $ investment to make them. ;)
Ride on.

Hi Todd,
Funny, I was thinking while cleaning up my Griso yesterday that a set of crash bars wouldn't be a bad idea. I abhor them on general principle, but for Guzzis and Beemers they do make sense. I was thinking, wonder if they still make those neat ones that bolt to the tappet cover bolts - had a pair on a MkIII Lemans in 1989-90 in West Australia, and a lot of the Guzzisti over there had 'em. Kinda dubious they would amount to much in a serious situation though (but would anything?)
Anyway, I'd be interested in a set of yours if you'll make them (and if the shipping to NZ wasn't tooo horrific!)
Hope you're OK mate - best, Pat

Funny, I was thinking while cleaning up my Griso yesterday that a set of crash bars wouldn't be a bad idea. I was thinking, wonder if they still make those neat ones that bolt to the tappet cover bolts.
Anyway, I'd be interested in a set of yours if you'll make them.
From the purchase page “Why do you need these? The Griso 1200 8V valve covers are bolted to the valve rocker/lifter assembly, so even a small tip-over can result in significant damage to your engine, leaving you stranded. Due to our disappointment in failures with all other available offerings, we made our own easy-fit and massively stronger versions.“
The 2V motor valve covers bolted to the cylinder head, not the valve gear. The plug guards were a good attempt to save the spark plug. In all of the crashes I saw, they failed miserably most of the time, especially the cast versions that came stock in the ‘00+ era.

I have a few sets left; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-griso-crash-bars

Back