Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY PRODUCT or other website hyperlinks. This means to ANY products OR to other Forums . We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase these. This is NOT a social media platform; It's a privately funded website. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM Griso Crash Bars

Discussion in 'Griso-Bella Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Oct 29, 2019.

?

I own a Griso and...

1. Currently have a set of crash bars installed that I like.

10.5%
  2. Have considered them in the past.

47.4%
  3. Tried other brands but didn't like them.

5.3%
  4. Will be purchasing the GTM version for sure.

42.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Having dealt with the Hepco crash bars over the years with chronic fitment issues, and pretty much failing in function with anything other than a very slow foot-assisted tip-over, I engineered and built a superior version and am making them available on our online Store >HERE< - Pics below.
    Fit is mindlessly good, and superior in strength as we use lasso the frame stud for the top mount, rather than the fragile aluminum M5 bodywork bolt to hold them and keep them it from rotating in a crash. Made of 4130 chromoly tubing. Limited production (mostly built to order).

GTM-GrCrshBrs1.JPG
    GTM-GrCrshBrs2.JPG
    GTM-GrCrshBrs3.JPG
    GTM-GrCrshBrs4.JPG

Pics added to show how they fit onto the frame. Upper mount simply lassos the tank “wing” bolt stud. The bottom mounts uses the stock engine bolt/mount location, it is a tapered fit into the frame.

D7BF2105-DD75-46C3-80A2-2F441085BED7.jpeg
    11693273-CD47-41BC-A493-03DC0EC79FBB.jpeg
    4CC76D09-204E-4094-AD0E-61234A05DB27.jpeg

2. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

Quality.

GTM® likes this.
  3. GTM®

We sold out of the first run batch. Curious if there is interest in me making more? Makes for a good stocking stuffer to yourself. ;)

4. T_Guzzi

T_Guzzi Just got it firing!

Interested

5. MJPTexas

MJPTexas Cruisin' Guzzisti

Just installed these on my 2017 Griso.

I had purchased a set of the Hepco-Becer crash bars that did not fit and have been languishing in my spare parts storage.

The GTM bars:
    - were very easy to install
    - fit perfectly
    - look a lot better on the bike than they do in the pictures

Hopefully I will never find out how well they work. After high-siding my RnineT I decided the exposed heads on a Guzzi (or a BMW Boxer) really need additional protection. I was about ready to drag the Hepco-Becker crash bars back out and give them a try when I saw Todd's ad.

groundhog105 and GTM® like this.
  6. groundhog105

groundhog105 Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Contributor

These are on my radar for my 17 griso

7. GTM®

Thanks Bob. I am sold out of the first batch run. Any others will by built to order, so the price will creep up after the first of the year because of material costs. Just FYI to all reading this.

groundhog105 likes this.
  8. Giuseppe

Giuseppe Just got it firing!

very interested for my Griso 2017

9. GTM®

Very good, are you ready to order now or after the first of the year.

10. Birch

Birch Tuned and Synch'ed

I'd like to put a set of these on and use them as a mounting point for some aux lighting.

11. GTM®

Very good. I have two sets unspoken for; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-griso-crash-bars - beat the Jan. 1 price increase.
    Thanks for the business guys.

groundhog105 likes this.
  12. groundhog105

13. GTM®

Thanks Bob, I have a set put aside for you, so the online count is accurate for those reading this.

groundhog105 likes this.
  14. groundhog105

I mounted my crash bars today. Perfect fit and extremely strong. Good job on the design Todd. Much better than the HB bars and worth the extra money if they are ever needed.

BC66C42A-2DAF-4A0E-BD8B-C194D335D377.jpeg

Poppe and GTM® like this.
  15. Ron S

Ron S Just got it firing!

Just got a set of these- anybody got a torque value for tightening the bolts?

They look way nicer than the Hepco version.

16. GTM®

60 lb.ft.
    Thanks, not only do they look nicer, but they will certainly do the job and not destroy the items they are intended to protect!

groundhog105 likes this.
  17. Ron S

Ron S Just got it firing!

Thanks Todd,

Easy install, and they do seem to be engineered and built very well.

I hope that I never get to test them and they just sit there and look good.

Ride safe,

18. GTM®

Thanks Ron, hope so too!
    Now if I can only ever sell more than a few sets per year it'll make up for my $ investment to make them. ;)
    Ride on.

Ron S and groundhog105 like this.
  19. DrPat

DrPat Just got it firing!

Hi Todd,
    Funny, I was thinking while cleaning up my Griso yesterday that a set of crash bars wouldn't be a bad idea. I abhor them on general principle, but for Guzzis and Beemers they do make sense. I was thinking, wonder if they still make those neat ones that bolt to the tappet cover bolts - had a pair on a MkIII Lemans in 1989-90 in West Australia, and a lot of the Guzzisti over there had 'em. Kinda dubious they would amount to much in a serious situation though (but would anything?)
    Anyway, I'd be interested in a set of yours if you'll make them (and if the shipping to NZ wasn't tooo horrific!)
    Hope you're OK mate - best, Pat

20. GTM®

From the purchase page “Why do you need these? The Griso 1200 8V valve covers are bolted to the valve rocker/lifter assembly, so even a small tip-over can result in significant damage to your engine, leaving you stranded. Due to our disappointment in failures with all other available offerings, we made our own easy-fit and massively stronger versions.“
    The 2V motor valve covers bolted to the cylinder head, not the valve gear. The plug guards were a good attempt to save the spark plug. In all of the crashes I saw, they failed miserably most of the time, especially the cast versions that came stock in the ‘00+ era.

I have a few sets left; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-griso-crash-bars