Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM Secondary Air Supply (SAS) Block-off Kit

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Dec 4, 2017.

1. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Tuned and Synch'ed

Thank you. Sound like it's better to block them off with your kit.

Mayakovski likes this.
  2. V7 Dreaming

V7 Dreaming Tuned and Synch'ed

While I install blaking plate I found these are very useful item. Save a lot of time and no need to remove fuel tank.

40388887_970598303125226_3333333442799599616_n.jpg

Stradagene and V700Steve like this.
  3. Roger65

Roger65 Just got it firing!

I bought the kit, but I think I am going to take a hard pass on this job. It sounds like a LOT of work just to eliminate some popping which doesn’t bother me anyway. Move the fuel tank? No.

4. Stradagene

Stradagene Cruisin' Guzzisti GT Famiglia

I haven't read this thread through in depth, but if the issue that you're worrying about is moving the fuel tank, never fear. It's extremely trivial once you get into it. If you have the SAS block-off kit, just go for it! (At least you'll get to see how easy moving/removing the fuel tank is) ;)

5. Mayakovski

Mayakovski High Miler GT Famiglia

I did the SAS block off kit on my Anniversario and only loosened and shifted the tank by a could of inches. It's an easy process. Page 2 of this thread details the complete process with pictures.

Stradagene likes this.
  6. Roger65

Yeah no thanks. I just don’t care enough about this problem to mess with that stuff.

7. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

If you want to return it for as Store credit, happy to do that for you. Just send it back.

Mayakovski likes this.
  8. Roger65

Thanks Todd I appreciate the offer but I’ll hang onto it in case I have a change of heart.

Right now I’m not super interested in this particular mod, I’m more excited to get my new map in to see how the evap delete works together with the cans and tune.

In the future maybe I might look into this when I have more free time.

9. Roger65

Well, after actually looking at my bike, I decided to stop being a wuss and just do this. In about an hour, I removed this stuff here
    CDE8F256-5A41-4970-8D4D-9BD9A340066B.jpeg

Using only these tools

C1BB5039-35F0-426C-A627-02AD316D87A6.jpeg

And installed the block off plates, intake cap, and electronic gizmo to fool the ecu.

F66BE03F-5BDE-4168-A969-B5971B929CCF.jpeg

A big thanks to whoever it was that pointed out the plates are not symmetrical, I would not have noticed that one corner was at a wider radius than the other three. Then I would have screwed up installing the reed valves/gaskets.

6B650020-A831-497A-89A4-6A02A88D9472.jpeg

Roose and Mayakovski like this.
  10. Roger65

My point is this job is much easier to do than read about. Anybody who has worked on late model European cars will find this about as difficult as tinkertoys.

I can’t say that there is much difference in the way it runs, although I am still waiting for the ecu map. I bet that will make a big difference.

Mayakovski likes this.
  11. Mayakovski

Yes, it will.

12. PokeyGuzzi

PokeyGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

Installed the SAS kit today. Already have new 2>1 exhaust and fueling done. Bike sounds and seems to be running great now. This was the final step. It all cost a bundle, or at least a bundle for me anyway, but she looks, sounds, and rides the way I’ve been planning for months now.

The SAS was easy, except for some of those spring clips, which were a real pain to get to. I was wishing I had the right angle needle nose mentioned earlier in the thread. They would have come in handy.

Mayakovski likes this.
  13. Roger65

Well I just put in Todd’s map and it clearly made a big difference. Pulled harder at all revs and not allergic to high rpm like it used to be.

I would consider the evap mod, SAS kit, and fuel map as mandatory changes for anyone that wants to see how these Guzzi’s really run.

Mayakovski likes this.
  14. Mayakovski

Yup, did the same for my Anniversario and it was a whole new bike afterwards. So much better than from the factory. Todd is a magic worker.

15. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

You need the map....

Mayakovski likes this.
  16. Roger65

Got it. Made a huge difference. Look at my post two above this one.

17. Roose

Roose Tuned and Synch'ed

Good deal. I hadn't read all the posts. You'll surprise some 600cc and lower sport bikes with that mod. You'll be able to rip thru some twisties and keep up. They'll still run away on a dead straight though.

18. SheikRamzi

SheikRamzi Just got it firing! GT Contributor

Apologize if this has been addressed before, but it seems like all of the posts on this thread are about the V7. Anyone do this to a V9, and are there any install or operational issues peculiar to the V9?

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  19. Michael Heathman

Michael Heathman Just got it firing!

How about the V85?

20. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

Sure did, same as the V7III. The kit we sell fits both bikes.