Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM V85TT Exhaust NOW WITH DYNO RUN

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Hugh22

Hugh22 Tuned and Synch'ed

Hello Todd. I rambled on the registration thread about this topic - getting sorted with this forum. I am very happy you haven’t given up on your Mapquest! If you get that soon it will dovetail nicely with my V85TT purchase!
    Love the craftsmanship of that exhaust and the sound is far superior to my ear. You’re gonna solve my need for power. Love it. I’ll be ordering the kit and don’t care about factory warranties.

GTM® likes this.
  2. Hugh22

Any word yet?? Just looking forward to your end product. I'm a modder and will be looking for more juice for sure. I'm sure you'll post when it's done and you have the dyno numbers....I'll keep watching and waiting. p.s. I'm guessing you didn't sell your v85tt since you need at least one for testing etc?

3. PokeyGuzzi

PokeyGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

It’s looking like the 2021 model has the pipes welded to the cat, meaning a simple cat delete probably won’t be possible without doing some cutting. It’s too bad...

4. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

I will be, and making (SLOW) progress. Hope to show something on Friday or next Monday.

Where are you getting this information? The cat is in the Y-pipe/collector, and I can't imagine that changed.

5. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

He's right, Todd. On the E5 models, the cat is welded to the headers... one piece. There are pictures floating around, and if I can remember where I saw them, I'll post it here. But yeah... E5 == full system replacement, or get out the torch.

__Jason

6. jwtucker

jwtucker V11 Sport 4 Life

From another Forum... headers now welded to the Y-pipe cat.

upload_2021-4-21_16-43-19.png

__Jason

GTM® likes this.
  7. Hugh22

Thanks for the update! I’m still waiting on delivery of my ‘21 to local dealer..... still keeping tabs on your progress.

GTM® likes this.
  8. GTM®

Ugh, OK, so they welded the headers to the collector, dumb, but got it. Gives me more business for my headers and Y-pipe. Thanks.

Matthew Nuttall likes this.
  9. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

I suspect it's part of the #5 mandate.

10. Neil Dillinger

Neil Dillinger Just got it firing!

Two questions . #1Are you eliminating the weld-on hangers for the pipe protectors on the header pipe because they make those in a
    clamp-on no need to weld much better set up. #2 are going to move the O2 sensor up near the exhaust port like the 2021 E5 bikes and
    then offer it for 19-20 bikes. If you move the sensor then it won't interfere with a clamp-on pipe protector hanger like the 19-20 OEM
    O2 sensor location would. thanks again for fixing my account todd.

11. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

Took me a minute to figure out what this meant. You're referring to meeting Euro5 emission standards.

12. Raven

Raven High Miler GT Famiglia

By making it all one piece I suppose they are hoping to discourage cat deletes.

13. vagrant

vagrant GT Reference

The big gods in DC who "know nothing" are saying no more tampering! Unless you own a saws-all.

14. PokeyGuzzi

PokeyGuzzi Tuned and Synch'ed

I believe it's the EU this time, not DC, that the credit should be attributed to.

15. Neil Dillinger

No go look at the picture of a 2021. The o2 sensor is up by the exhaust clamp where the header attaches to the cylinder head. The 19-20
    is down below in line with the pipe protector lugs. If you move the o2 sensor up there then you can use a hose clamp/clamp on type lug like the do on MX bikes, or you get rid of the pipe protector all together
    if you just ride on the street, or you make a custom one that goes further up the header pipe and protects
    better.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  16. GTM®

So, I succeeded... 80(!) rwhp, dyno graph below (the bumps are from tire growth). This is with the new custom mapped RB EVO system, GTM SAS delete and our full GTM system (big headers) and long muffler, along with an opened airbox lid with high-flow filter (shown below). I expect to see a touch more with the short version on the first post of this thread. The EVO Fuel kit is now online here; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/rb-evo-fuel-kit-v85tt

9FEF73B3-9678-48ED-95AF-4F5981FC18EE.jpeg 76F55EF9-89F7-44BF-8C12-7F7CF618BD4B.jpeg

Matthew Nuttall and Louisv97 like this.
  17. Paultergeist

Paultergeist Just got it firing!

May I inquire as to the power the bike has stock -- as a means against which to compare this result?

18. GTM®

I never did a completely stock (fueled and exhaust) bike on my dyno yet. I’ll do a few overlays to share here in the next few days. Baseline with fueling revisions, stock air box & exhaust was ~67 hp. 72 with a cat delete Y-pipe and stock muffler, 75 with GTM long muffler, and now 80 with our full system and open air-box lid w/high-flow element. All fuel corrected only.

Paultergeist likes this.
  19. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

66.7hp at 7980RPM per Cycle Worlds initial dyno

Paultergeist, Louisv97 and GTM® like this.
  20. Neil Dillinger

Just a quick question Todd did you eliminate the O2 sensor on the production header system?. you got rid of the pipe protector hangers
    GOOD JOB.