Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. In SoCal? See the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if we can be of help. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have are already answered on the Forum with FACTS, NOT OPINIONS. PLEASE DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back if you are posting elsewhere on the web. Note there's decades of Guzzi hands-on experienced help on this site, all whom give endless amounts of their time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL! Also be sure to click on the STORE link also above for our 600+ product inventory, including many of our 100% Made-in-house-USA GTM products and engine kits. We appreciate the consideration, understanding and your business... past and future. And if you haven't seen our MotoCycle (not) art, click on the BUILDS tab above to see our work at our sister business; GT MotoCycles® -- WE ARE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED.
  2. There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to a PRODUCT or other competing website(s), this includes personal pages, social media or other Forums. We work very hard to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. Sorry to have to do this, but we don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see our online STORE link above; GTM product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

GTM V85TT Exhaust NOW WITH DYNO RUN

Discussion in 'V7/V85/V9 Chat & Tech' started by GTM®, Jul 24, 2019.

1. GTM®

GTM® Administrator Staff Member GT di Razza Pura

No, those stay in place and are used with the RB EVO fuel system.
    Thanks, in addition to eliminating those silly covers, our headers actually make more power. Skid (cosmetic) tin pan stays in place.

2. Neil Dillinger

Neil Dillinger Just got it firing!

Thanks for the reply I figured you would still need them. just double checking

3. GTM®

Dyno graph below, both fuel-corrected. Green trace shows Ago muffler no/DB (only - stock cat-con pre-muffler in place), and red trace shows our GTM full system with open air box lid. I'm positive I can get the torque dips sorted... and remember, this is only full throttle. When I have time, I will do some partial throttle dyno comparos, which is where my work always shines the most. The 80 hp bike will lift the front tire on part throttle (with no clutch needed).

V85TT-AgoMuff-vs-GTMFS.JPG

4. GTM®

Below are all fuel-corrected; Completely stock (red/blue 71.9 hp/53.3 lb.ft.) vs. Ago Y-pipe & carbon muffler with no db-killer and stock cat-con in place (gold/purple 73.3 hp-54.4 lb.ft.), and last is with Mistral headers (note the ~4.5k RPM dip in HP & torque) with Ago Y-pipe & Ago carbon muffler with no db-killer (green/teal 74.8 hp/54.4 lb.ft.). Worth the $? Then, see below for the GTM's Full kit ~9 hp/ 7 lb.ft. gain!

V85TT-Stk-vsAgoYmuffnoDB-MsrlHdrs-AgoYMuff-noDB.jpg

Dyno chart below (also all fuel corrected via RB EVO kit with custom GTM maps) aligned to above showing stock (yellow/blue 71.9 hp/53.3 lb.ft.), Mistral Headers with Ago Y-pipe and Muffler no db-killer (orange/purple 74.8 hp/54.4 lb.ft.), and the GTM Full Exhaust System with DIY open air-box lid & BMC/DNA (red/light blue 80.3 hp/59.4 lb.ft.)!

V85TT-Stk-vs-MstrlHdrsAgo-vs-GTMFullKit.jpg

5. Matthew Nuttall

Matthew Nuttall Tuned and Synch'ed

Thanks for posting all of the graphs! Looking forward to your partial dyno results and being able to slap one of these things on my V85.

6. Sam V Napoleon

Sam V Napoleon Tuned and Synch'ed

Has anyone added a Y pipe to the 2021 euro 5 V85 yet?

7. Sam V Napoleon

Sam V Napoleon Tuned and Synch'ed

I just noticed the cat and header pipe are welded together, I will have to assume that means nobody has added a Y pipe lol.

8. GTM®

Correct. You’ll have to buy the headers and Y; https://gtmotocycles.com/products/gtm-v85tt-werks-headers-full-system - I have them ready, just need to resolve the fueling as you know. The other aftermarket headers give a significant power dip. Mine do not.
    I may consider doing them in Titanium, since I’ve had a few inquiries… won’t be cheap as we hand build them a few at a time.

9. We Are Rambler

We Are Rambler Just got it firing!

Man... The 2020 V85TT Travel I got this spring was supposed to be the bike that I was gonna leave alone and keep stock. After reading through this thread and the fueling thread, I'm not sure I can do that.

Unrelated... The number of dealers within 200 miles of me that have dropped Moto Guzzi since I started looking last summer is insane. Not sure where I'll go when I need something outside of routine maintenance.

10. GTM®

Once you ride one that's been uncorked and sorted, it's hard to turn back.
    Don't stress. Unless it's a self-induced issue, Guzzi's are pretty bulletproof outside of the annoying service reminder that must be reset by a dealer... so get used to seeing the little wrench, which fortunately, that's all it is.

We Are Rambler likes this.