• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Guzzis at Laguna Seca

What I want to know is if those bags were empty or full ;(
Everyone was also wind screen less in an effort to get streamlined.
There was a lot of skill involved in keeping those Hogs ( and Indians ) on a line, more than once there was some gentle slides coming into a corner, and a few with a wobble here and there !
The front runners had carbon fiber reproductions of the screens and bags, with lightweight mounts, and nothing else. Clever and pricey to do of course.
The slides "backing it in" is seen in every road race these days, including MotoGP. The wobbles... well, heh.

The front runners had carbon fiber reproductions of the screens and bags, with lightweight mounts, and nothing else. Clever and pricey to do of course.
The slides "backing it in" is seen in every road race these days, including MotoGP. The wobbles... well, heh.

It's like 24 hours of Lemons or Chump car. The cars may not look like race cars but there is a lot of skullduggery beneath the rust.

I thought the bagger race was a hoot, and would feel similarly watching Civic convertibles (aka GW) race. :clap:

Racing is serious business, but it also needs to have a component of fun. That was fun. :party:

It also illustrates how skilled riders can ride anything and make it look easy.

Big dressers are not my cup of espresso, but I sure cannot imagine doing on one what the least of those riders did.

Bill

Don't get me wrong Bill because I thought it was a HOOT! I loved it.

I was just attempting to be silly.

I learned to love unusual class racing like this back during the BMW Boxer Cup racing. Everybody had basically the exact same motorcycle engine, transmission, and driveline and it was who was the best rider, not the best built machine.

In a car - you get a little slide going and not much happens unless you continue that Slide into a Ditch or RockCut !

On a Motorcycle you are *Right* There - you really have to develop a *feel* for that edge !
I have a lot of respect for those Racers !
I don't think I could learn where that Edge is in the rest of my lifetime !
Better a live Chicken than a Dead Hero !

Would like to take the V7 to the local track to play and learn - but you need a full suit - not just Asphalt pants and a Jacket.
I wear those pants, Proper Boots, gloves, a hard shell vest with the hard spine shell and the jacket with back arm / shoulder padding... but they aren't attached / one piece, I have a hard time justifying 1000$ for one piece leathers to go to the track once...

The Laguna Seca experience has much improved. General admission gets you in the pits. Christian riding club provides free helmet check. Motorcycle parking on paved flat ground.
Good variety of racing and spectators. I saw one Guzzi mine.

I loved riding Laguna Seca as a circuit course but I hated the excessively strict noise limits due to the surrounding private property residents. I couldn’t run my V10 Centauro with her massive 50mm open exhaust and carbon cans.

However, at Willow Springs and Streets of Willow, we could make as much exhaust noise as we wanted to! 😝

Back