• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

GTM Fueling Info

Thank you JP... yes, that alarm was a head-scratcher for sure.

What I do enjoy, is the smile that is on every Guzzista's face that spends the time and $ on this kit. It was a LONG and EXPENSIVE journey for me, but the end product speaks for itself.

Thanks again for the purchase and post here. You're first in line for the next batch of air box lids.

Hi Todd,

A belated thank you. The H-pipe/ECU reflash/PCV/AT is like a fine bottle of red wine. It's just smooth, no twitches and hesitations, and takes someone who knows to appreciate it. Anyone picking up a Guzzi should just factor this into the purchase price. I can't fathom how it would ride w/out it.

Also thanks to you and Rich for the blue print and all the other mods. The rearset, handlebar, and fairing have made huge differences in comfort and wind protection. As I get better it'll become more stealthy given the suspension and brake upgrades ;)

Had a couple of hours yesterday so test rode the 1600 GTL and 1200RT just to see what they are about. I take nothing away from Bimmers and the 1600 is really nice. But this sorted Jackal is more comfortable and speaks to me that these others can't.

Best,

Mike

Todd, I arrived back in the US on April 13th. Rode the Stelvio in the Smoky Moutains, and had the chance to truly test it! It's definitely another bike! It works like it should have come from factory, in other words, it works!!! Congratulations and thanks a million!

Thanks for posting my dyno runs in the Stelvio section.

All the best,
Lynn

:D :D :D

Over the weekend I had a chance to ride from SF to LA to visit Todd and complete the GuzziTech treament for my 2009 Griso 8V with the PCV\AT installation, with Todd tuning it personally. I already went through three reflashes of his -- for experiment's sake -- for various configurations, starting from stock bike and progressing to open pipe with an open airbox (see the ECU thread for more details on that), so PCV\AT was the only thing remaining. I had an idea what to expect, as I had gone the full GTRx route with my V11 Sport previously but the results in this case exceeded my expectation and I wanted to provide an account of my impressions here.

The bike is very much improved and fuels infinitely better than before. Biggest improvement areas are:

1) smoother on/off throttle transitions.
2) MUCH better low-end from idle to 3K
3) power delivery pretty much everywhere -- it is delivered quicker and there is more of it. At the "right" spot, like in 5th gear nearing 5.5K, the thing RIPS truly instantaneously.
4) deceleration is much improved; just about the right amount of engine braking

To put it differently, this was a bike that looked great but only had moments of glory as far as fueling was concerned -- very poor low-end, slow and lazy throttle response everywhere, HATED to be in traffic as it would heat up and become barely rideable under 4K with increased vibration and lumpy engine response. This was on a stock bike with map 068 and perfectly set-up -- throttle body sync, TPS, etc. -- no issues whatsoever. It was a bike I loved to look at but hated riding except in a very narrow sweet spot, where it was delightful. I knew in the long run I could not live with it that way. My riding varies between twisties, city, and highway -- I do it all save for off-road, and I could not have lived with the Griso the way it ran stock, even perfectly tuned.

Now, with an open pipe, open airbox and BMC filter element, with a full GTRx treatment tweaked by Todd personally, this is all but gone. The bike is a dream to ride and I am happy as a clam. The improvement isn't subtle; of course, everyone's points of reference and preferences differ but I would be very surprised to find anyone who rode the bike before and after and did not agree that this objectively was a MASSIVE difference.

Thank you Todd -- again -- for your hospitality, for the new bike that now runs how it should, and for sharing the knowledge. Was great to meet you!

This past Sunday I installed the Power Commander 5 with Auto Tune I got from Todd.

I also opened the air box with a Open Ring HERE.

HOLY SHIT Batman! New Bike! Smooth & powerful through out the range and even "lugging" 5th gear down to 2500 RPM then accelerating without a downshift was no problem.

Don't know about other models but if you got a Cali you need it.

Only had time for a short run so this Sunday we'll put on a few hundred miles & really see how it does.

VERY SATISFIED!!

Thank You Todd

Re: Cali & PC-V/AT

makarushka said:
Over the weekend I had a chance to ride from SF to LA to visit Todd and complete the GuzziTech treament for my 2009 Griso 8V with the PCV\AT installation, with Todd tuning it personally. Now, with an open pipe, open airbox and BMC filter element, with a full GTRx treatment tweaked by Todd personally... The bike is a dream to ride and I am happy as a clam. Thank you Todd -- again -- for your hospitality, for the new bike that now runs how it should, and for sharing the knowledge. Was great to meet you!
My absolute pleasure... thank for the post, and chat again soon!

Trout said:
This past Sunday I installed the Power Commander 5 with Auto Tune I got from Todd. Don't know about other models but if you got a Cali you need it. VERY SATISFIED!! Thank You Todd
My pleasure, thanks to you Trout, glad you can enjoy the benefits like all the others with this technology.

I just wanted to post a short note of thanks to Todd for his expertise and willing help in transforming my stock Norge 8v into the thoroughbred it was intended to be. As delivered it suffered from the typical Italian strangulation of their Euro Emissions fuel map. Not So Now! The full ticket GTM fuel kit has worked miracles in making this bike a joy to ride. It has improved cold start, throttle response, decel characteristics and preserved mileage while doing it! Any fellow riders with their eyeball on any late model Guzzi should consider shaking a few more coins out of the piggy bank to invest in this single most effective modification to realize the full potential of their machine. It is amazing! Pete O'Donoghue

I just installed the PCv and autotune with Todd's ECU for my V7 Classic. Good Lord what a difference! The bike starts easier, throttle response is immediate, it's basically a different motorcycle now. Many thanks to Todd for getting the small block 750 dialed in so well!

Todd completed the second part of my three stage performance update plan for my B11 yesterday by installing a PC-V/AT along with his airbox lid and filter. (Stage 1 was the GT-Rx ECU re-flash after I picked up the bike last fall.) Well, the PC-V/AT is awesome. It is simply amazing how smooth the bike runs and any traces of surging/lugging/hesitation are gone. It pulls harder and revs faster.

And the sound accelerating hard while getting onto the 101...? Pure music!! Todd says I should see a mileage bump with the PC in place, though it'll probably be a wash as I become addicted to the sweet sound of the intake. :cool:

Looking forward to completing stage 3, Y-pipe and exhaust, within the next couple of months!

Having recently Installed the PC-V and Autotune module, It's hard to describe just how good my Griso is running. I really cannot believe this is the same bike I purchased back in January. The throttle response off idle has smoothed out considerably and it pulls cleanly and very linear throughout the Rev range, no surprises. Also gone is the lean surging that was pretty pronounced at steady throttle settings. No more needs to be said, the bike simply runs great. Also the installation was very straight forward, no surprises there either. The ECU re-flash along with the power commander were well worth the investment. Congratulations to Todd for a very well thought out fueling package.

Pete

PJA0916 said:
Having recently Installed the PC-V and Autotune module, It's hard to describe just how good my Griso is running. I really cannot believe this is the same bike I purchased back in January. The throttle response off idle has smoothed out considerably and it pulls cleanly and very linear throughout the Rev range, no surprises. Also gone is the lean surging that was pretty pronounced at steady throttle settings. No more needs to be said, the bike simply runs great. Also the installation was very straight forward, no surprises there either. The ECU re-flash along with the power commander were well worth the investment. Congratulations to Todd for a very well thought out fueling package.
Pete, excellent, thanks for posting. If everyone only knew what bike is hidden within. Many years and $'s invested, but it's worth it to me alone, but I'm happy many others are able to enjoy it too.

It is a WOW now!!

Just came back from a short ride on my 13 Stelvio after the PC V/auto tune, Todd reflash, air box top, and a long awaited Zard slip on. :D :D Very smooth, throttle response good, not surging at all, sounds great, no popping, pulls good! Seems to run better when I got back (makes sense)! , it is GOOD!

Thanks Todd

Jay on the South Coast

I have had the full fuelling package on my 2011/12 Stelvio for nearly 2 years now. The transformation of the bike was excellent. I doubt I would have kept the bike without the mod. Fortunately I rode a dealer-demo bike recently that confirmed my previous enthusiasm - the std bike was a bit ordinary. Well worth the cost.

OK, just downed tools after a lazy Saturday afternoon installing Todd's full fueling kit (ECU, PCV/AT & BMC filter, airbox ring etc).
I have to say it was a cinch to complete the job thanks to all the great 'how to' posts & other info available here on the guzzitech site.
The results - sensational. I now have the motorcycle I paid for.
When I initially joined the site, Todd said he'd help uncork it when I was ready. Well, uncorked it is!!!
This being my first experience playing with motorcycle fuel management systems, I expected to encounter some glitches / headaches, but no, just followed the directions / posts and install was a breeze.
Once the install was complete I did a quick TPS set with the Centurion software I bought with the fuel package, enabled the autotune through PCV software, did a final visual inspection, put the side covers and seat back on and went for a RIIIIDE. I'm sure my arms have stretched, man what a difference.
No more snatchy behaviour at low speed - low rpm, ie around town.
Gone is the snap, crackle, popping deceleration racket = happy neighbours.
My motorcycle has been transformed into a grunty, powerful, torquey machine that pulls like a freight train from down low and especially through the midrange, going strong into rev heaven. Seat of the pants say FARK YEAH!!!!
Oh, and the sound - mucho basso boomba. Got up it for the rent on my usual 'clean out the cobwebs' loop and expected to see some significant trim adjustment but no, only minor midrange -ve #s. I accept!! Yes mama.
Thanks Todd for developing a fantastic product and to all those who post useful tech info so guys like me can get fully nerd with the laptop without too much brain pain or trepidation. Stupid grin has yet to subside...
P.S. Install time was a very relaxed 4 hrs including software and a feed.

I also want to bump this thread. Because if you don't know about this service, you should.

I've had his fueling revisions (ECU + PC-V w/ Autotune) done on two Guzzi's now (a 2010 Griso and a 2014 Cali14 Custom) and they are nothing short of stupendous. Everything he claims is spot on and perhaps even understated. I've been working on and with engines for about 5 years now and the difference this makes on performance, smooth running and longevity is huge. The throttle went from being a little choppy and stutters in low throttle positions and RPMs (a symptom of running too lean because of various EPA regs) to being buttery smooth and providing a noticeable added "oomph" in the lower RPM ranges. The engine runs powerfully through the rev range and keeps the engine significantly cooler while riding, (which I appreciate being in a SoCal desert, haha). I'm sure much more has been said here than I can possibly contribute, but add me to another name on the long list of satisfied owners of this system.

@moparnut72 - The commercially supported ECU Flash Tool (we offer) has done ECU flashes successfully, globally, for a decade plus now.

Unrelated, but must work in conjunction with our flash. and despite the haters, the dynamic Power Commander/AutoTune combo is simply brilliant. I've had it on every one of my own bikes since 2009 or so, and it powers nearly every GTM build we've done. Since the PC-V, your computer powers them. No need to key on.
I'd recommend grabbing this set up while it lasts, as I can see the 'demise of this offering' light at the end of the tunnel.

Unrelated, but must work in conjunction with our flash. and despite the haters, the dynamic Power Commander/AutoTune combo is simply brilliant.
I'd recommend grabbing this set up while it lasts, as I can see the 'demise of this offering' light at the end of the tunnel.
What makes you think that the Power Commander / AutoTune setup will no longer be available in the near future?

Jason

Because Todd did the development for Moto Guzzi motorcycles at Dynojet in Las Vegas in conjunction with them, and now Dynojet is moving all R&D to Montana by February.

That makes traveling there to do further development, rather impractical and very $$$ I would think.

Yeah what he said

What makes you think that the Power Commander / AutoTune setup will no longer be available in the near future?
I'm still very rooted to Dynojet (since 2001). Twenty three years in Guzzi-focused fueling still gets me no respect. In addition to Scott's comments above, Dynojet's business model has shifted to a "pay to flash" model like UpMaps. Meaning they sell you a device, you download and install one map. If you want another, there's a cost associated. You have zero control or get to see what has been done on the map. It's currently big business for them across all platforms in the entire Power Sports market right now. Why bother fighting the know-it-all freeware clowns with solid products that not many will buy any way. I've pretty much exhausted my efforts (and money) to make them available, and having to travel to MT now makes it virtually cost prohibitive for the five or so I'll sell per year.
Scott had made a very generous offer to ship his V100 to me to use for R&D, but Dynojet's move to MT makes this not worth the effort.
Maybe when I land one salvage I'll ride or ship it up and have the only one on the planet. I still am enjoying the prototype they made me to launch the CARC line offering from 2009 on my Stelvio. I transferred it from my '09 to my '13 NTX. I'll never own one without it.

Showing "lean" as starting at 13.7:1 might be misleading, and it won't be the same for all engines.
Always someone.
Stoichiometric is ideal target for water-cooled engines, not air-cooled. I trained heavily in this and have 1000’s of hours of Guzzi-focused fueling prior to buying a dyno for my workshop, mainly to finalize fueling on my first supercharged 8V Guzzi build - using AEMs products, which I also trained with. I also have done 100’s of tuning sessions on street and race air-cooled Ducatis and HDs on both carbs and injection since the mid-90s.
They run modern water-cooled race bikes very very rich too.

Back