• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Heated Grips

Right grip is normally warmer due to that is more isolated from the handle bar than the left side is.
The throttle grip is not resting as tight to the metal handle bar as the opposite left side.
The metal bar on the left clutch side draw some of the heat.
I’ve had this phenomena on my bikes that had heated grips.

Yes, I just had heated grips fitted to my v100 Stelvio and find the same problem. The left grip is not hot enough for UK winter riding. I was charged 2 hours labour for fitting, doubling the cost. I’m disappointed.

The heated grips are hopeless, and thats from someone in the land of OZ; sure the temperture gets cold ,riding in winter around home it does get downto the 3C mark , Honestly my mates Oxford grips run rings around them.

To quote a review from AMCN (Australian Motorcycle News):-

"And while I’m complaining, the grips don’t get warm enough to make any real difference and, what’s worse, the grips default to off when you turn the bike off, so you need to go back into the menu and turn them on after every fuel, wee or coffee stop."

Whether Guzzi can change the temp thru software who knows, I'll just keep riding in my winter gloves

The Mandello heated grips are the same part# as the replacement grips on my Norge. I almost never set them on 3. I find the backs of my hands get cold though. My heated ski gloves take care of that.

Back