• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Heated seat from 2024 on 2022

guzziframe

Just got it firing!
New member, just posted this in my necessary introduction post.

I ordered a stock tall (inch higher) comfort seat from Italy, they shipped me the new 2024 heated tall seat: it has the same waterproof plug type as the under-seat USB plug. But that plug is always on with ignition…the guzzi site says that the Guzzi MIA (607687M) unit will allow the control of the heated seat, but my guess is that is only with the new 2024 models? Anyone know where I can find out, or have a clever idea how to wire this to be controlled by the same button for heated grips?

IMG_1299.jpeg IMG_1300.jpeg

I had an idea. I have the leftover controller for oxford grips and bracket. Wire that up with a plug to this heated seat. Should work great, no wasted heat as using pulse width modulation I believe.

Well, Oxford grip controller wired under tank to battery power, then cut the two connectors for grips off, soldered up a matching waterproof connector for the stock seat (same as under-seat USB) and the grip controller makes the seat nice and toasty at convenient increments.)

Could not find info and highly doubt the pre24 bikes cane prewired for heated seat as could not find in service manual electrical harness install instructions.

The pre 24 seats are more of a textured fabric whereas this 24 heated seems more all weather with the eagle emblem from headlight repeating on it. Like both for diff reasons. Ordered the tall seat for like $220 euros on sale from Pogliani snd cane heated for 24 model. I’ll take it.

usb devices transformer knocks the 12v down to 5v, everything in bike is 12v.

The plug (that I dod not use though) under seat for usb and the seat’s is a waterproof connection type I forget the name of. Any connection can use that plug type.

Back