• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Hello from Savannah GA, USA

Kevin912

Just got it firing!
Greetings all!

I’ve been studying the new Moto Guzzi line for a while and decided to add a V7 Classic to my garage. Only 50 miles on it so far in its first week but work has been busy and I’m not ready for it to be my daily. Can’t wait to see what it becomes and what I can learn from here.

Cheers

Welcome. We owned a home in nearby Hooterville; I actually miss the "Coastal Empire," and especially so in winter!

Thanks for the pic. A lovely machine.

When you said V7 Classic with 50 miles, I thought you had found a "V7 I" of 10 or more years ago when the first in that "modern" V7 line appeared. While cool, a mere 50 miles on a machine of that vintage brings, as you likely know, some interesting challenge$.

Best wishes for miles of smiles.

Bill

Welcome. We owned a home in nearby Hooterville; I actually miss the "Coastal Empire," and especially so in winter!

Thanks for the pic. A lovely machine.

When you said V7 Classic with 50 miles, I thought you had found a "V7 I" of 10 or more years ago when the first in that "modern" V7 line appeared. While cool, a mere 50 miles on a machine of that vintage brings, as you likely know, some interesting challenge$.

Best wishes for miles of smiles.

Bill
Yeah, sorry. Should have said “Special”, as it’s actually called.

Hi Kevin, congrats and welcome to the GT Forum & Guzzi Famiglia. I’ll copy your post over to the V7 Pic & Registry thread asking for more info there on it.
Be sure to click on the STORE tab above for our considerable offerings for your bike. Also, watch the fender elim you have, the tire will eat the plate. We make one for when it does linked below. Anyway, hope to see you here often!

Nice !
some changes to the rear from stock and are those bars are flipped or a replacement ?
The bars are a set of clubman bars I had on the self, just to see what they felt like. So far I like the position much better than the stock bars.

Yeah, sorry. Should have said “Special”, as it’s actually called.

Moto Guzzi has come up with some strange labels for their machines, and especially so in this century.

While I am glad that the marque has not (yet) gone the Harley "alphabet" route for Mandello models, they could have done a better job vetting names such as "Jackal," "Stone," "Titanium," etc. :fubar:

In your V7-on-Steroids' case -- which I think is, officially, anyway, both V7 Special 850, and, as you said, simply V7 Special.

That, of course, causes confusion when my V7 III is also a V7 Special ...

i-9gjcZJf-M.jpg

i-hXFxd69-M.jpg

Bill

... albeit in Miami Dolphins livery, not the more elegant "Blu Formale" of yours. :clap:

J H C - is that laminate floor in your garage !!!
or do you park the bikes in your living room?
I have, but not here at the top of Virginia. ;)

When we lived in Atlanta, we built a garage. Called it the "GarageMahalo." Garage for the obvious; Mahalo as a play on the obvious, but with a daily reminder of gratitude. We had lived for several years in Hawaii -- Schofield Barracks -- and always like the near-Italian lilt of the local word for "thank you."

I overbuilt the place. Long story. But had a very fancy coating -- think expen$ive -- applied to the concrete floor. Never liked it. No need to detail that here. Just cost a lot to be disappointing.

When we retired and moved to Fredrick County, Virginia, I converted about a third of an existing (c.50'x28') outbuilding into a shop. Named it the MotoGrappa. The long story -- for those housebound, unable to ride, and reduced to rewatching @tobinh 's vid of his NTH NF :giggle: -- of that build (with initial pix of the GarageMahalo) -- is here: Building the Moto Grappa

The contractor -- a great local bubba -- came up with the idea of the flooring when I told him of my unhappiness with the GarageMahalo's. I was dubious, but (with one exception) have been VERY happy with this after eight years of daily use.

The biggest positive surprise is that fasteners telegraph their escape such that I (almost) never lose them. :)

The biggest negative surprise -- that should not, of course, have been a surprise at all :fubar: -- waqs thatPledge works greatas a quick detailer for motorcycles. It also makes wood floors slick as nasal fluid! :eek:

All things considered, and those are almost endless and good, its' a joy:

i-3HKtGLf-L.jpg

Must go; duty and Kathi call. Same thing around here. :inlove:

It's 6 December, the day we put up Christmas decorations.

Frohen Nikolaustag!

Bill

Back