• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Help Reading Dashboard codes?

Sempervee1

Cruisin' Guzzisti
Finally got the dreaded RED triangle on engine start with my 07 Norge, turned engine off and restarted. Gone. Running fine. Rode home. Found my way into the Diagnosis Modes and ECU codes but nowhere how to recognize them? I uploaded the attached pics. What does the MODE A or M stand for? Is it O or X I am looking for in the Diagnosis?
Need help for what I am looking for, what means throwing a code ? Does not seem to be oil sensor. both match. Restart and it's gone but returns later.
See pics. Thanks

DSB1-6.jpg DSB7-8.jpg

What does the MODE A or M stand for? Is it O or X I am looking for in the Diagnosis?
Covered in the Owner's Manual and a quick search gives you below. A(ctive) or M(emory).

OK, all this is in the owners man. It can be confusing!!!
A is Active=problem does not go away. M is Memory=ecu picked up issue then it wet away.
The 'O' means not checked, 'X' means checked
Example: Oil has not enough pressure as started the 'O' gets checked with an 'X' then everything is normal. The 'X' goes from active to memory and it is not Active issue. If the motor continues to have no oil pressure it will be 'X' under the A column.
So, issues that fix themselves or you fix goes to memory next time you run the bike.
Then you can clear them= they all have just the 'O' and are not checked with an 'X'
The 'O' is like a box on a form that you check.
If you have that many sensors with an 'X' in memory then I would check the grounds on the bike(common denominator).

Last edited:
Thank you Steve for leading me thru the forrest. It is confusing. I looked in the manual but did not find the info, thus I will retrace my steps. Will momentarily start and go back into diagnosis to see what remains.

Make sure you clear all the codes A & M, ride safe.
I push the "delete" dashboard error codes by selecting the "YES" and push button and I get exited out, no confirmation? and codes remain in memory even as there are no Active codes? WTH? ** Can i reset by just disconnecting the battery for a period of time?

Attachments

• DSB1-6.jpg
    DSB1-6.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 2
Don't worry about the ones in memory. You only need to be concerned with active codes. I think PADS can delete the ones in memory if you swing by a dealer.

Thanks John, kinda driving me a little bit round the bend. No dealer to help locally. It's only by the grace of forum deligence, Google and my dedication to this labor of love keeping this 18 year old italian work of mechical art spinning her wheels forward presently. *Started getting the "RED" triangle alarm off and on with start up when seemingly all is well other than that put me on this road that includes now dealing with dash board codes.

99.8% of sudden dashboard errors are caused by poor condition batteries. Load Test your battery. It will almost certainly fail.

Well covered in the forums here.

IMG_8332.jpeg

BTW- 0 means no event occurred and stored, and X means event a recorded event.

When you do a clear through the menu, they should all return to 0.

Thank you for the info MGFan... I will get battery load checked then. No problem starting and i keep on maint charger always. Why it does not delete the codes when I try to signal it to do so is unknown at this time.

If you have never done so, you should remove the + & - battery cables and throughly sandpaper or wire brush the surfaces that make contact with the battery posts and fully remove the oxidation.

Also follow the negative cable down to where it is bolted to the engine, remove it and also clean those surfaces from oxidation.

Because you are doing it incorrectly. You are not using the proper technique. This is why.

You need to correct your technique.
All in good humor - but there is only one way to do it. I am selecting "yes" to delete the errors and pushing the mode button after "YES" delete has been selected. Perhaps I am not holding my tongue a certain way?
If you have never done so, you should remove the + & - battery cables and throughly sandpaper or wire brush the surfaces that make contact with the battery posts and fully remove the oxidation.

Also follow the negative cable down to where it is bolted to the engine, remove it and also clean those surfaces from oxidation.
I have also cleaned the battery cables with baking soda solution and after spraying with electrical cleaner covered the posts with vaseline to keep out corresion. Thanks for the tips.

All in good humor - but there is only one way to do it. I am selecting "yes" to delete the errors and pushing the mode button after "YES" delete has been selected. Perhaps I am not holding my tongue a certain way?

No. Seriously.

There are requisite short versus long holding of the multifunction button to effect the command correctly. If you use the wrong one, it doesn't work.

If you use the right technique, they will clear every time.

As you give no information as to the error(s), it makes this exceedingly difficult.

Perhaps, if you reset it and the same code(s) remain, then perhaps it/they are valid errors?

Back