• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Hey everyone, a Breva 1100 owner from Idaho here

FrenchCheese

Just got it firing!
Long time reader first time poster. Got oil breather broken so here I am.

So long story short I was investigating transmission oil leak. It was along an junction so I decided to check if there were any loose bolts. I mistook the breather with a bolt and right after I tried to rotate it it got broken and part of it stuck there.

I found a couple posts related to that here, but they are missing a couple minor details.
1) I understand how I can take the stuck part out, but how can I make sure no broken plug pieces fall inside the transmission box? Or maybe it's not that important and I can just drain oil and be good?
2) How the breather is supposed to be placed there? It got broken after a slight 1/8 rotation, no force, so I wonder if it was already almost broken.
3) Are there any other options instead of ordering the original one? I read that you can put a hose there and make sure water and dirt wouldn't get there, but it's still unclear if it's a good solution in a long term

UPD: I uploaded images. Green are areas of slight oil leakage. Orange area of the rim was full of drips

Thanks!

5336829781536267146.jpg 5336829781536267149.jpg 5336829781536267150.jpg 5336829781536267151.jpg

Seeing you have snapped the top off the breather it should unscrew quite easily now, purchase a "easy out" of the correct size, if its tight don't force it and snap the easy out, you'll end up with all sorts of trouble. It should come out in one piece and nothing will fall into the housing. If your not confident take it to a mechanic. The breather is just "nipped up" it doesn't have to be super tight, its not holding anything on. Some people have run the breather up high to stop water ingress but they ride off road and through rivers etc. Ive done over 100,000Kms on mine, all on sealed roads in all weathers and never had a water issue. I had a small oil seepage like you many years ago, I removed the CARC and cleaned the faces and re seated the rubber and metal gaskets. If you do a search there should be photos too.

The broken piece is thin walled brass. Mine broke like yours because of my lack of knowledge. I put some sideload on it to secure the rear wheel for removal. It is a simple PCV valve (no springs) that lets the transmission exhale when it heats up.(took mine apart)
It is M8X1.25. I used an Allen head bolt, drilled it through length wise. Put some hi-temp grease in the recess for the Allen key, then found a plastic cap in my junk that was a tight push fit over the bolt head. Put a pin hole in the side of the cap above the bolt so pressure can equalize. The grease will let pressure in/out. A small bearing ball in the recess may be helpful.
worked fine for 3 years. Eventually I replaced it. It is somewhat pricey.
Sorry I don't have any pictures.

Back