• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Houston Moto Guzzi recommended shops/mechanics

Xtrythis1

Tuned and Synch'ed
A question for any Houston Guzzi folks. So I'm dealing with a nightmare at Moto Guzzi dealer that has 2 locations in the Houston area trying to fix a oil leak on my brand new 250 mile V7 Stone S. They came and got my bike 13 days ago and it's been sitting off to the side of the showroom still leaking when I went and saw it a week ago. Everytime I try to contact them it either goes to a salesman who transfers me to service then they don't answer or they say they'll call me back, which they never do.. Last I heard a warranty guy was supposed to come out and look at the bike 2 days after they came and got the bike. Even though this fix should be under warranty I'd like to get it done in less than a month and ride my bike at some point.. Should I start looking for an independent mechanic who can do the job and just pay him out of pocket? If anyone here knows anyone reputable in the Houston area please let me know. Thanks!

Condolences on the issue. Maddening.

Did a fly-&-buy from Atlanta for my Norge at MPH in 2007. The oil pump fractured a year later; engine DOA. Shipped it back to MPH at my expense to have Mike and crew do the warranty work.

Simply cannot say enough good things -- and nary a negative word -- about MPH.

Good luck with this.

Bill

Mike won’t steer you wrong. Can you tell us more about the oil leak? I have a local Stone S with (I believe) a rear main seal leak. Same dealer run-around here. I’d like to document this as being a common issue or not. Please note your VIN and engine # if so.

Mike won’t steer you wrong. Can you tell us more about the oil leak? I have a local Stone S with (I believe) a rear main seal leak. Same dealer run-around here. I’d like to document this as being a common issue or not. Please note your VIN and engine # if so.
Oh wow... Yes they say they're finally starting to break down the bike. Will know more soon. What did your dealer do? I'm SN#+ 330 I'll check engine codes later. Here's a pic of my leak. Would like to see if yours looks similar. Crappy deal for having a cool new bike like this and it's sitting in the shop.

66679CC2 4F9D 455C 956A 4E8D87F820E5 20210514 173521 20210514 162940

Update today was they're starting to take the bike apart after moving it to their bigger location with more tech's and taking pics for piaggio for warranty stuff.. It's been well over a month at this point at the dealer. Getting frustrated. I called and talked with the 15 year +AF1 Service manager in Austin and he said a warranty claim takes less than a day before he starts getting into the bike (if there's not a long line of bikes ahead of mine). So... what the hell is my dealer in Houston doing?

Sorry to learn you have an oil leak in a brand new bike. I'm in Katy, Texas so I'm familiar with the Guzzi dealer on Hwy 59, but didn't know they had another location. Perhaps you would have better luck moving the bike to the other location?

Jason

Sorry to learn you have an oil leak in a brand new bike. I'm in Katy, Texas so I'm familiar with the Guzzi dealer on Hwy 59, but didn't know they had another location. Perhaps you would have better luck moving the bike to the other location?

Jason
It was moved to the SW location at the end of last week since they have more techs there... I plan on possibly going there today to see if they've actually started. They have been lying to me for over a month now so hoping they get it together. If they still haven't started i plan on trailering the bike to AF1 in Austin. Very frustrating!

It was moved to the SW location at the end of last week since they have more techs there... I plan on possibly going there today to see if they've actually started. They have been lying to me for over a month now so hoping they get it together. If they still haven't started i plan on trailering the bike to AF1 in Austin. Very frustrating!
So, how was your visit to TE today?

Jason

If indeed it's a rear main seal leak, the root cause could certainly be the seal or the way it was installed. Less likely, although a possibility, is a seal journal problem.

Jason

No, Mike Haven is no longer a Guzzi dealer.

Jason

Yes, thanks, but he's a Guzzi guru and I thought he still worked on the marque.

I appreciate that warranty work can be problematic, but I'd prefer Mike -- assuming he still does any Guzzi service at all -- over many present dealers. There are fine ones -- Hamlin comes to mind -- but it seems that the OP hasn't found one yet.

Bill

I had enough of the lies at the Team Xtreme. I picked the bike up yesterday. Their situation is 1 unqualified mechanic (for this job) on the north side and 1 qualified at the SW location and they have about 30+ bikes laying everywhere. When I went to get my bike it was sitting outside with a waterspots all over it, fingerprints all over the tank,and a ding on my crash bar like it had been dropped.. I chewed the ass of the service manager David who just said I understand your frustration and shrugged it off over a cigarette. Nothing about fixing my bike or the damage they have done even after I told them I want a new set of crash bars for the damage they have done... Unbelievable. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TEAM XTREME! I'm debating on if I should take it to Mike at MPH and pay him 650 to break it down or trailer the bike to AF1 in Austin as I've talked to the service manager there who has been very helpful and communicative with me on my questions.. Wanted to get the word about my experience at Team Xtreme.

Attachments

• 20210616_175312.jpg
    20210616_175312.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210616_172339.jpg
    20210616_172339.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210616_174850.jpg
    20210616_174850.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 14
I had enough of the lies at the Team Xtreme. I picked the bike up yesterday. Their situation is 1 unqualified mechanic (for this job) on the north side and 1 qualified at the SW location and they have about 30+ bikes laying everywhere. When I went to get my bike it was sitting outside with a waterspots all over it, fingerprints all over the tank,and a ding on my crash bar like it had been dropped.. I chewed the ass of the service manager David who just said I understand your frustration and shrugged it off over a cigarette. Nothing about fixing my bike or the damage they have done even after I told them I want a new set of crash bars for the damage they have done... Unbelievable. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH TEAM XTREME! I'm debating on if I should take it to Mike at MPH and pay him 650 to break it down or trailer the bike to AF1 in Austin as I've talked to the service manager there who has been very helpful and communicative with me on my questions.. Wanted to get the word about my experience at Team Xtreme.
You can't go wrong with AF1. Always happy to answer my stupid questions. they're top notch guys

I think you should take the bike to the dealer in Austin. It sounds like you already have a rapport with them and they will cover the cost of repairs under warranty. Mike at MPH is good people and capable, but he's no longer a MG dealer and I don't see how he could perform warranty work.

Jason

Last edited:
If indeed it's a rear main seal leak, the root cause could certainly be the seal or the way it was installed. Less likely, although a possibility, is a seal journal problem.

Jason

It is unlikely that the seal is just bad. What I see ALL OF THE TIME in my shop, is the rear main seals being blown out of European motorcycles, because too much oil has been added to the crankcase. People chase the top of the fill line which is a terrible thing to do (anywhere between low and max is FINE) and when they overfill it, the pressure in the crankcase rises exponentially (liquids don't compress) and this air pressure will seek the easiest way out, which is right past the rear main seal. Once oil gets between the seal and the housing, it's going to leak forever.

It's amazing how many new bikes I have seen where the service departments overfill the engine oil because the kids they have working in the service department, assembling motorcycles, don't know a damn thing.

I am sorry that the OP is going through this on his brand new motorcycle. Just terrible.

It is unlikely that the seal is just bad. What I see ALL OF THE TIME in my shop, is the rear main seals being blown out of European motorcycles, because too much oil has been added to the crankcase. People chase the top of the fill line which is a terrible thing to do (anywhere between low and max is FINE) and when they overfill it, the pressure in the crankcase rises exponentially (liquids don't compress) and this air pressure will seek the easiest way out, which is right past the rear main seal. Once oil gets between the seal and the housing, it's going to leak forever.

It's amazing how many new bikes I have seen where the service departments overfill the engine oil because the kids they have working in the service department, assembling motorcycles, don't know a damn thing.

I am sorry that the OP is going through this on his brand new motorcycle. Just terrible.
Thanks for your reply. That may have been the cause of the problem if these terrible techs aren't setting the fluid levels correct out of the box.. I took the bike to AF1 in Austin today. WOOOWW. Was greeted by the service manager with a T-shirt (for my long drive) and a full tour of the shop. It was a slap in the face of customer service I desperately needed! If they do a good job and fix everything properly, they'll have a life-long customer!!

Attachments

• 20210619_120732.jpg
    20210619_120732.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210619_120839.jpg
    20210619_120839.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 20210619_120943.jpg
    20210619_120943.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210619_121418.jpg
    20210619_121418.jpg