• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Just a little trip, and a big thank you to David

BrianR

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Famiglia
I have connected here with David, from South Dakota, who, like me, is having a journey with cancer, and after several conversations, I decided that it would be a good idea to meet. This resulted in me taking a trip from last Thursday afternoon (5th), to ride down from Mission BC to Rapid City SD.
Took 40 hours to ride down there, we had a wonderful 2 days riding around the area, with great weather, and then I turned around and rode back.
Overall, the highlight was David, his lovely wife and daughter, and his mechanic and great friend, Eric.
Total kilometres over the 5 1/2 days came to 4987km, and the only bike that made this possible was my Concours 1400, as the Griso would have been a stretch and the Stelvio is having a little work done.
Davids 2 bikes are the cleanest that I've seen, :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and it was a wonderful experience to share some time with him. In my vernacular, he is a canny lad, the highest compliment in Geordie land, and it gave me some experiences that I will never forget.
I have pictures that I will post later today as I'm back to work this morning
Thank you, David, for your graciousness and spirit.

The US has a magnificence as well as a weirdness. I couldn’t get cornflakes in Kellogg Idaho, nor caviar for breakfast in Moscow and no tulips available in Amsterdam WY. But I did a little detour from Rapid City to see Newcastle named after my home town in the UK and founded by coal miners with some surnames representing the UK. Then got a little lost using the latest cardboard and pencil GPS system, but embraced the stuckness and the added miles as well as finding twistier roads than the interstates. I had a great time David, highlight being meeting you and spending time riding.

IMG_0130.jpeg IMG_0133.jpeg IMG_0127.jpeg IMG_0124.jpeg IMG_0079.jpeg IMG_0082.jpeg IMG_0094.jpeg

I have been Blessed to meet you Brian, and to be on this Forum with everyone! Just taking it one day at a time, hopping I can get some more rides in before the weather goes bad, or I do...

Back