• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

KY Ride - 7/19/24

BDS

Cruisin' Guzzisti
GT Contributor
Just a perfect day for 200 miles of great KY roads! If there are any here who travel KY RT 62 to (or from) Cynthiana, watch for a road closure. BUT, do take the re-route using 1504. @Bill Hagan recommended that stretch, and I’ve enjoyed it since - it’s a hoot! Watch for farm equipment though. Saw the usual deer and squirrels - and, one groundhog. Hit 1 bird (thankful for my windscreen, which deflected it). The Mandello held a very good pace and ran flawlessly. Getting toward 7k miles, and thinking new tires along with the upcoming 2nd service. Planning a 3 day North Carolina trip next week to finish off the Pirellis. Have always been happy with Pilot Roads on my Norge and Ducati ST3S, but Conti RA4 are at the top of my list to try, right now. ( @Florida lime - how did yours fare?).

Two buddies, representing V-Strom and KTM 790… lunch at Bianke’s in Cynthiana. Blessed, and good to be alive.🙏

IMG_2337.jpeg

Just a perfect day for 200 miles of great KY roads! If there are any here who travel KY RT 62 to (or from) Cynthiana, watch for a road closure. BUT, do take the re-route using 1504. @Bill Hagan recommended that stretch, and I’ve enjoyed it since - it’s a hoot! Watch for farm equipment though. Saw the usual deer and squirrels - and, one groundhog. Hit 1 bird (thankful for my windscreen, which deflected it). The Mandello held a very good pace and ran flawlessly. Getting toward 7k miles, and thinking new tires along with the upcoming 2nd service. Planning a 3 day North Carolina trip next week to finish off the Pirellis. Have always been happy with Pilot Roads on my Norge and Ducati ST3S, but Conti RA4 are at the top of my list to try, right now. ( @Florida lime - how did yours fare?).

Two buddies, representing V-Strom and KTM 790… lunch at Bianke’s in Cynthiana. Blessed, and good to be alive.🙏

View attachment 37009
I only have about 1500 miles on the Continental RA4s right now, so it's not possible to make a full comparison yet, but so far I prefer them to the Pirellis and Metzelers than I had previously.
20240720_131813.jpg

If you are headed to Western NC, the suggestion to change them before coming may be wise. The road construction and the numerous corners can eat tires pretty quickly, so be warned if your tires are already marginal.

Word to the wise. Replace them before you leave, else you WILL need them mid trip when it's the most inconvenient and troublesome. ;)
This is good advice… I usually do, in fact, make the NC trips after service (and, tires when needed). This trip came open yesterday, so I had to decide whether to go or not. I’m not as hard on them as @Florida lime , so they aren’t down to the “devil” yet😉. But, now you all got me paranoid… so, I may check out the possibility. Here’s the rear as of today. Cheers! Thx for the update, Florida lime👍

IMG_2339.jpeg

Tires go down to the cord shockingly fast once they are "looking a bit worn but I think they'll be good for the trip". When in doubt, change them out!

US62 including the 1504 loop through that part of Kentucky is a beautiful road!

Lannis

Well, rather than start a new thread, I’ll just add here… a buddy and I did ride a few days in NC, TN and GA. Rained quite a bit, - heavy at times - but, we got about 450 (mostly wet) miles in. I hadn’t ridden the V100S in heavy rain yet, despite being at 7300 miles. I’ll say wet handling was pretty good. Except for tar snakes🤪. The bike ran great, with no issues.

The tires held up, but will be replaced Thursday when Cadre does my 2nd service at 7500 miles. The nasty weather made for some nice photos. Here are some moments…

Home - and no flats!

IMG_2432.jpeg

Sunset…

IMG_2418.jpeg

Bikes outside the cabin before heading out (break in the rain)…

IMG_2411.jpeg

Stop by the river on RT 28…

IMG_2405.jpeg

Break in the clouds on the Cherohola…

IMG_2399.jpeg

My buddy making clear he has no parts hanging on “The Tree of Shame” at Deal’s Gap…

IMG_2409.jpeg

After a wet RT 180… it was dry in Suches, GA!

IMG_2415.jpeg

The aero wings helped in the rain. I stayed pretty dry except for stops (same for my phone on a Quad Lock mount on the handlebar). All in all, a great couple days!

Back