• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Mandello? Tuareg?

Z8EE (Zaidy)

Just got it firing!
Hi, I am new to the forum and look forward to learning and exchanging info and experiences. About me: I have owned eleven bikes since I got back into riding twenty-three years ago. I test-rode a Mandello v100s and liked it a lot. My problem is that I also test rode an Aprilia Tuareg 660 and liked that a lot too. I currently own a BMW R1250GS and an Aprilia Tuono Factory V4 1100 which should be sold tomorrow. Which bike to buy (I recognize that they are very different) and do I sell the BMW and the Aprilia or one or the other? I won't have three. Hopefully, this isn't too much too soon and I won't be booted off or referred to psychological services. lol

Hello and Welcome,

I would say it depends on what type of riding position you find more comfortable and what kind of riding you plan on doing ?
( I haven’t ridden either one.)
But I would think you could take the V85 anywhere, but the V100 might not be as happy in the Dirt :rofl:
PS: I know you didn’t mention the V85TT but that or a V100 Stelvio might be an option…

Last edited:
Welcome. My $.02; If you like your Aprilia dealer (Guzzi also I’ll assume), then the 660 and V100 would make for a good two bike garage. The 660 will likely do everything better than the GS, and the V100 gives you a true street bike, instead of the silly-fast Superbike with handlebars.

Thanks for all of the comments and input. The Tuono is sold. Went to a guy with several bikes including an Aprilia Shiver, which he is looking to sell. I started this journey of befuddlement intending to sell the Tuono and buy a Tuareg. While the Tuono was super sweet to ride it was a one-hour bike. After that it was tiring and I always felt I wasn't going fast enough. Going from the Tuono to the GS was like getting out of a Ferrari and onto a tractor, but after fifteen minutes the sensation faded and I could ride it anywhere. In fact, I took it cross country two years ago and to Nova Scotia this June. It is heavy and tall and wide making it a bitch to lane split/white line as the mirrors match up with the SUV and pickup truck mirrors. The Tuareg is light and flickable but it also is tall and wide. The Mandello is lower and narrower but it too is heavy albeit low down. Is the Mandello too similar to my Tuono in riding position or will it be upright and comfortable for long rides? (Not sure from my ten-minute test ride.)

Back