• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Mapping Version

Bavarian

Tuned and Synch'ed
Which version of the Stelvio mapping ist the newest one?
I've just got the STV8V52

cu
Bavarian

I got the Information from my dealer, while updating my Stelvio.
I don't know, whether its possible to see it without the special tester from MG

bavarian

Anyone know if there is a different map for the US? The factory map has a bit of surging at a 55 MPH cruising speed.

Not that I have had the time to ride my new Stelvio much but I get a noticeable hunting when running along at 30/40 mph constant.Is anyone else getting this and is it a feature of the fuel injection on the Stelvio or something to do with the mapping. It is noticeable in as much as my pillion has noticed it and it is as though a plug or lead is breaking down. Any suggestions?

They all do it ! I think there is a different map available not sure of the code, I am going to ask my dealer when my bike is in for the engine recall, because mine hunts on constant throttle and is very snatchy rolling on and off the throttle at lower rpm's.

The map is known as "variant 2" here in the U.S., though it still surges at ~3k+ rpm.

The VDST we sell here at GuzziTech will show what map is on the ECU.

Is there any aftermarket fix that would help with the surging around 3k?

I had my map updated a long time ago. I forget the number of the newer map. I virtually eliminated ALL surging fo me.
But, I believe it introduced an issue with starting a cold motor on a hot day. Can't be positive.

There's a $100 band aid that some use, but most have removed it. I personally do not recommend it based on some horrible air/fuel data I witnessed on an A/F Dyno.

I haven't ridden the updated factory map on the Stelvio yet, but I did ride a Griso 8V with it, and while better, it still leaves much to be desired. The VDST we sell here will show you the map variant, among other things like TPS reset.

As a solid fix would be my GT-Rx ECU Reflash which is 50%+ better, and the limited run PC-V & AutoTune will resolve it 99%. I have likely found the problem to the cold start issue, and can resolve it on the ECU. I've had no takers yet.

GT-Rx said:
I have likely found the problem to the cold start issue, and can resolve it on the ECU. I've had no takers yet.

Do tell. I don't remember seeing this elsewhere on the board, unless it's in the Carc section?

GT-Rx said:
I haven't ridden the updated factory map on the Stelvio yet, but I did ride a Griso 8V with it, and while better, it still leaves much to be desired. The VDST we sell here will show you the map variant, among other things like TPS reset.

I think that the 8V Todd is reffering to is mine, or at least mine is one of them as he took it out th other day. I don't doubt that some of the A/F numbers may be horrible but the thing is that the set-up I have on the US 8V with the Mistral Hi-Pipe is every bit as good as the set up on my Oz bike, if not a bit better. Todd reckons it 'Surges' a bit at 3,000-3,500? I can't feel or detect anything that feels like surging or 8 stroking? I really can't. It does feel lean and is a little more vibratory at that point on a light, constant throttle but surging ????

At the end of the day I've decided I don't need the PCV/AT for mine. I'm not saying it is a flawed product or that it won't make a bike run better, It's simply that I, a 55 year old fat guy with less than perfect eyesight, poor hearing and limited riding skills, have decided that my essentially 'Stock' bike does everything I need it to do and I don't need another layer of complexity. Thassall.

I have had the opportunity to ride Andrew, (Spaceclam's) 1100 though with the full box and dice package and it is a VERY impressive motorbike, an absolute torque monster with a completely linear torque curve like a VW Beetle bonnet! BEcause o that I've decided to give my PCV/AT to Jon for his 1100 as I believe that the 1100's need one more then the 8V's.

Couple of other interesting little things. My 8VG in Oz came from the factory with a 190 section rear tyre. I always thought this was odd and a bit of overkill, especially as the chassis is essentially identical to the 1100 which used a 180, but since that is what it had on it and it worked well enough every time I changed tyres I just stuck another 190 on the back. It's only when I saw my new one in the US that I realized that it has a 180 so I went and looked at the specs and sure enough the factory suggest a 180. So how the hell did mine end up with a 190 on it???? All I can assume is that there were no 180's available or they hadn't paid their supplier so the sent a few out with 190's on! I'm telling you though that the 180 is a much MUCH nicer thing than the 190. I'll be wearing the 190 on my Oz bike out and replacng it with a 180 ASAP!!!!

Pete

Back