• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

MIA (How to Guide)

We are off topic now but I must say this in response.

I find the “quickshift” feature to be rather violent in its execution. I do not care for it at all for clutch-less shifts.

However…

I love it and how it augments my actions when utilizing the standard Moto Guzzi riding technique of pre-loading the shift pedal with your foot, then actuating the clutch lever in combination with holding that pre-loading pressure.

If you do it this way, you can literally make the gearbox snicker into the next gear like butter. With a little practice, you will be upshifting effortlessly and smooth as silk.

Downshifts are much better with the traditional clutch pull followed by with an appropriate blip of the throttle to raise rpm’s to align with road speed and then completing the downshift.

With only a few minutes of practice, I had my V100 shifting like a dream instead of the “slamming” of the gearbox trying to utilize just the quickshifter feature.

I truly believe that those who think the quickshift feature is the way to go, will suffer early gearbox failures. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to feel just how violently the gearbox behaves using that feature exclusively with no clutch work at all, versus my combination method described above.

YMMV

Last edited:
Easy, to shift just preload the lever, back off the throttle a bit and just barely nudge the clutch lever and just allow the shift lever to move a tiny bit the gearbox will do the rest, no clunk, no jerk, no nothing but the next gear smoothly engaged. Takes a little practice but will become second nature. This procedure made shifting Airheads and Harleys more pleasurable.
kk

Question for all of you regarding MIA and navigation connectivity. My phone is connected to my bike for sure; my phone says connected and the bike has my phone's name listed as connected. The phone connection and battery life icons are lit on the dashboard, the navigation light is not. I have navigation via the Guzzi app display on my phone I just can't get it to display on the bike's dash. I've tried holding the "mode right" button down per the manual but I can only toggle between the normal display and the launch screen. Anyone have any ideas on what to try next?

In the end I had to take the bike into the dealership to do it for me; it took two of the very knowledgeable technicians an hour to get it all to work ( at no charge)

Thanks for your response Sapper. When I asked my dealer about this (who is a great guy and owns a V100s) he said, "great question". That is not intended to be a knock on my dealer, just he is having similar issues.

Back