• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi 100th Anniversary, 10th-12th September 2021.

I was talking to some friends at the MGOCUK Essex branch meeting last Sunday and they mentioned they had already booked accommodation. Apparently it gets a bit nutty in non anniversary years with people camping in the middle of roundabouts. (Where do you park a bike in Italy? Anywhere you want to!) I have just booked a room for my mate on his Cali and me the nearest I could get is Lecco, a few miles down the lake. Everything in Mandello is booked. For those of you from further away who are shipping your bikes and riding down don't forget to stay off the Swiss motorways, there is a flat fee of about £35. If you avoid the motorways there are some lovely roads and you'll have a lot more fun crossing the Alps. See pic (I know its a Kwaka!). I'll wear me best Guzzitech T shirt, see you there. Sept 2019

I feel very tortunate to be staying in Mandello for 2021. Trying to figure the best way to get a GTM build there. As we get closer, let’s work in a meeting place and time. I’ll make something special to offer up for those in attendance. Keep talking.

Well the planning has started :clap:. Leaving the UK on Saturday 4th September onwards to Mandello courtesy of the TLM Tour. I was going to book the ferry across to Hook of Holland from Dover but swmbo has said no way is she going on a 'boat' for over 6 hours (to be fair anything on water and she suffers from travel sickness :sick:) so its the Chunnel from Folkstone to Calais then a leisurely 4 hour ride to Nijmegen where the tour will start on Tuesday the 7th. Managed to get a reasonable priced hotel (Hotel Nimma) in Nijmegen so plan is to spend the weekend touring the local area before the Tour starts on Tuesday morning. Looking at the list of attendees that have signed up (200 with 28 reserves so far) its going to be a busy affair, think thats why a lot of hotels in the Nijmegen area are booked already. Only two 1400 Eldorado's on the list of bikes going though:happy:. Swmbo already asking what to pack:( :cry::lipssealed:.
After the weekends festivities in Mandello the tour heads back towards the Netherlands with the last hotel of the tour booked in Southern Germany, so our plans are to then double back towards Italy for a bit more touring. Any recommendations for special places to visit/hotels would be appreciated. Don't plan to book anything in advance (or should I) just google and go.
No specific areas or time frame in mind, possibly head back towards the chunnel after a couple of weeks of bimbling about.
Hope to meet up with a few GTM members en route or in Mandello. Think we need some GTM baseball hats (or straw hats, flip-flops and shades :giggle:) to recognise each other.
Ride safe and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Ron.

Last edited:
Hope to meet up with a few GTM members en route or in Mandello. Think we need some GTM baseball hats (or straw hats, flip-flops and shades :giggle:) to recognise each other.
Ride safe and a Happy New Year to one and all.
Fun on all, and yes(!), would love it as I will bring both my hat and flips!
Full throttle into 2021!

I feel very tortunate to be staying in Mandello for 2021. Trying to figure the best way to get a GTM build there. As we get closer, let’s work in a meeting place and time. I’ll make something special to offer up for those in attendance. Keep talking.
If you ship it to me, I’ll bring it over for you. :giggle:

Although I have paid a deposit for having my bike shipped across to Europe, I dont reckon its going to happen for many of us down here.
International travel is just too risky and while we may well have our injections by next September, the uncertainty is just too great to be able to plan. Am afraid am going to have the big trip I was so much looking forward to a miss. Realise for you Europeans and UK people it will be a little easier to get there.

I've been getting depressed thinking about this because I've been waiting for years for this and now who knows...

However, I yank myself back into reality when I contemplate those in Italy and elsewhere who have died as a result of this horrible pandemic. It truly is heartbreaking.

Realize though, the last thing Italy is going to allow, is a giant celebration of thousands of world travellers in the tiny town of Mandello del Lario. Count on it.

I gave myself until the New Year to make a firm decision on what to do about the Centenary event in Mandello. I'd booked Air BnB in Rome, Mandello and Paris (to catch up with mates). So Jan rolled around and this morning, the refunds dropped into my piggy bank here in NZ. My partner and I are really sad but I'm looking at the reality here. Additionally, I was made redundant in March '20 so the Guzzi fund has taken a big hit. However, lucky us, we live in NZ which to a great extent and for various reasons hasn't been hit with the effects of Covid like many other countries have. So maybe here's to Sept 2022!

I stumbled upon a wonderful website for the Centennial celebration; https://motoradunomandello.com/ -- and added the words below to the first post of this thread now...

“If, by good fortune...”

Mandello del Lario, 1910s. A young engine mechanic begins to take an interest in engines at the Ripamonti garage, well-known in the area. His great curiosity and sense of practicality lead him to design a new motorcycle that fit his ideals. 500 cc, horizontal cylinder in order to expose the head to cooling, 4 valves, double ignition, gearbox in block, external flywheel and a low frame, finally a motorcycle that no longer appeared to be a modified bicycle.
This victorious vision, which includes two Air Force officers as passionate about engines as he, that the great war will bring together with that randomness of life that often magically combines destinies. Carlo Guzzi (the design engineer), Giorgio Parodi (the financier), Giovanni Ravelli (the rider) become friends and agree to produce that bike. And they will not stop, not even after the death of Giovanni in an airplane test. Giorgio asks his father Vittorio, a prudent and shrewd Genoese shipowner, for the financing to leave. Vittorio agrees: "... ... If, by good fortune, I should like what I see, I am willing to go a long way without limitations of figures".

March 15, 1921: The Anonymous Moto Guzzi Company was born, with registered and administrative headquarters in Genoa and a production plant in Mandello del Lario. Vision, prudence, rationality and passion.

Mandello del Lario, 2021. 100 years have passed since those magical days: 100 years of vision, prudence, rationality, ingenuity that generated an infinite, throbbing, reckless passion. 100 years of Guzzismo straddling wonderful, pulsating motorcycles, companions of adventurous journeys as well as of joyful everyday life; 100 years that we will celebrate together, through that magical rite that is celebrated every year with the whole of Mandello del Lario congregating around the factory where dreams are created.

Mandello del Lario, September 6-12, 2021: here are the definitive dates of the Centenary International Motorcycle Rally City of Moto Guzzi, where Mandello, as usual, will once again irresistibly attract every Guzzista who, like a moth to a flame, will turn the handlebars of Moto Guzzis of every generation towards that shore where each was born: Lake Como. There the celebrations will be complete with a full calendar of events that will begin on September 6, and then carry on to September 9 for the GMG 2021. Moto Guzzi together with the International Motorcycle Raduno Committee are preparing an unforgettable event.

But not only that: many other events are in progress throughout the year that will warm our hearts with two and four valves, single or twin cylinders, until the final apotheosis of September.

It will be a great, unforgettable party.

Given the impracticality of making a trip to Lake Como in Sept, Guzzi owners in Tasmania are planning a pleasant ride to the Great Lake Hotel on Sunday March 14. The Great lake is central to the Island so owners can come up there on great roads from all over the State. Hopefully the weather will be OK. Snow is not unheard of at any time of the year up there.

Here in NZ, a group of Guzzi owners are meeting at Hanmer Springs, North Canterbury on the weekend of 13th & 14th March. Hanmer is a great area and just like everyone else in these strange times, we're really looking forward to it. Just need to book the weather......

It's officially cancelled, see below from website;-

Mandello del Lario, 30 July 2021 – The 2021 edition of WYD – Guzzi World Days and the Centenary Motoraduno will not be held, as scheduled, from 6 to 12 September in Mandello del Lario due to the situation of the Covid-19 pandemic.
With great regret Moto Guzzi, the Municipality of Mandello del Lario and the Organizing Committee of motoraduno had to take note of the indications of the authorities and recommendations regarding the health situation, taking the most painful of decisions, that is, the cancellation of the event.
The current conditions, and the consequent limitations imposed by the state of the pandemic, would in fact have strongly compromised the possibility of offering the many thousands of fans, expected to arrive from all over the world, an event that lives up to expectations
The celebrations for the centenary are however only postponed, the City of Mandello and Moto Guzzi will make sure that in 2022 we can celebrate this important anniversary in safety, freedom and total fun.
Riccardo Fasoli, Mayor of Mandello del Lario:
"We hoped for it until the last but the evolution of the pandemic has not allowed that relaxation of the anti-contagion measures in which we hoped. There are no conditions to offer an event that lived up to expectations and the unrepeatable celebration of 100 years. The postponement will allow fans from all over the world to celebrate with us in Mandello in a real motoraduno in complete safety and serenity".
Motorcyclists will therefore not find in Mandello events, entertainment and all the attractions of this kind of events. For visitors who still decide to gravitate to the area in those days, Moto Guzzi will keep the Museum open but with a strong quota of entrances which, according to the protocols, will take place only by reservation and with the adoption of all the measures provided for by the regulations.
Further information will be disclosed during the month of August.

See you there in 2022.

Back