• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Moto Guzzi / Piaggio Multimedia Platform

scottmastrocinque

GT Godfather!
GT di Razza Pura
Ok, I'm just going to write this one thing.

Today, I setup the Multimedia Platform for all 3 of my Piaggio products on my Apple iPhone 14 MaxPro.

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 1400

2023 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S

2023 Piaggio MP3 530 HPE

I followed the directions exactly, paying very close attention to what was written. I downloaded the required apps from the App Store. (There were 3 that I needed as all of my units use their own app).

Guess What? They all connected perfectly and configured exactly as they were supposed to. I verified that each one works by rebooting my phone and then turning on each bike and watching them connect to my phone running the Moto Guzzi or Piaggio App as appropriate. Everything worked perfect!

We have had a lot of people here in the past, complaining that they couldn't get it to work. I have always said they were not following the directions properly and I have taken a ton of heat over this. Go figure.

I'm very happy to say that my assumptions, were quite correct. The system, although not the slickest and trickiest setup in the universe, for what it is, it works exactly like it is supposed to. I am very happy.

Even, my 4 years subscription to the navigation which goes to my TFT display on my Piaggio, works. I wish this feature worked on the V100 but I haven't seen where it does yet; probably a new feature in the coming year as Piaggio swiped all of this technology from the Piaggio line to give it to the Moto Guzzi line.

Oh Happy Days! :D 👌👍

Last edited:
Ask and ye shall find…

I forgot you have to “Activate” the Navigation software in the app first before it will work on the bike.

So, I did that in the Moto Guzzi app and lo and behold, it now works on the V100 Mandello S just like my MP3. I thought it should as the V100 S uses the exact same TFT display as my MP3.

IMG 3657

IMG 3658

IMG 3656

You don’t have a V85TT so I will chime in that I had similar results when I purchased and installed the multimedia module last fall. I had no trouble downloading the apps and connecting my iPhone 12 Pro Max. I did have a bit of trial and error to make my Cardo Bluetooth helmet headset function directly with the iPhone and also through the Moto Guzzi system. Since the Cardo headset will pair with 2 phones, I now have it paired direct to the phone as phone number 1 and paired through the MG system as phone number 2.

Despite time of year I have managed to take bike for a ride. With the navigation app connected. Once I’ve stopped for a gas app did not reconnect by itself. Only when back home I’ve got app back with the red “connect’ button. Does it work like that? Needs manual reconnection every time ignition is off?

Obviously once you’re in the saddle and riding and only then notice nav app is off getting to operate phone, with gloves and while riding is a huge nuisance.

And more importantly, is there a way to import already prepared routes to this app?

On everyday driving I’d like not only to get to where I want but also ride the roads I want so I am using Tyre program on my computer to prepare route and then export it to TomTom, works pretty good.

Despite time of year I have managed to take bike for a ride. With the navigation app connected. Once I’ve stopped for a gas app did not reconnect by itself. Only when back home I’ve got app back with the red “connect’ button. Does it work like that? Needs manual reconnection every time ignition is off?

Obviously once you’re in the saddle and riding and only then notice nav app is off getting to operate phone, with gloves and while riding is a huge nuisance.

And more importantly, is there a way to import already prepared routes to this app?

On everyday driving I’d like not only to get to where I want but also ride the roads I want so I am using Tyre program on my computer to prepare route and then export it to TomTom, works pretty good.

Oh, I don't know. It is below freezing here and I do not ride my 2 wheel motorcycles in this weather, only my Ural and sidecar rig.

I will evaluate it more closely when it warms up and post what I discover.

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

You are a legend Scott :clap:. At time of posting this I still haven't yet completed the connection. I have the app on my iPhone15, and my phone is connected to my V100S, but that's as far as I have got. I haven't been able to complete the link. I should add that I have two Sena SRL Mesh headsets that I'm trying to pair to and that's where I am having issues. Possibly the transfer of my contacts might be slowing the process so I'll try again without that step so that I can at least use navigation. I will persevere and yet again go back to the instructions to see just exactly where I am missing the point. Being in the southern hemisphere perhaps I have to tip something upside down :D to get it working :wondering:

Last edited:
Managed to get on the road again. This time each connection went seamlessly.

Two comments regarding Guzzi Navigation:

The navigation lady likes to talk and if you do a detour she just wouldn’t shut up. Talks and moans all the time. Somehow reassembles my mother in law. And while on the move there is no way to switch her off. She is with you all the time.
My advice shut her up when you have a chance.

Secondly, this navigation is a gimmick, it is nowhere near TomTom or even Google Maps or Waze, there is very basic display, no lane information, no junction layout, no corner display. It’s probably good enough to get you home in emergency but nothing more.
Longer routes or mountain riding? Foregut it. Just a gadget. Nice to have to show off to your mates but that’s about it.

Secondly, this navigation is a gimmick, it is nowhere near TomTom or even Google Maps or Waze, there is very basic display, no lane information, no junction layout, no corner display. It’s probably good enough to get you home in emergency but nothing more.

So because the free and included navigation system built for a few thousand Piaggio products, doesn’t compare to a global navigation software company that charges a lot of money for their product, or global providers of navigation software, it’s a “gimmick”?

I think you expect way too much and complain even more about an emerging technology on a small volume motorcycle.

Please…

Scott I am very sorry if I hurt your feelings. It was not my intention. I am big Guzzi fan myself, having been riding Breva for years despite the ridicule and abuse from all my BMW friends. Not that it bothered me much.

I was just describing what I am seeing. Let’s face it no one buys new wheels because of some satellite gadgets, so it doesn’t matter in the great scheme of things. Does it?

Also, it’s all down to personal preferences, everyone is using his bike in his own way, more to it every and each bike can and is used differently. Myself, have six motorbikes every one is used in fairly different way and for different purpose. Same goes for navigation.

As for navigation, again, depends what one is using it for. In my part of Europe if you drive to the mountains there is very good chance to find yourself in very densely forested area. Can’t see the bends. Navigation presenting curvature of the road is really helpful. Or if you drive through Germany, no speed limits on the motorway, lane direction in fast traffic is really useful.

I visiting US in September, can I invite you for beer and apologies in person?

Oh my goodness, no need to apologize. I am
not upset or my feelings hurt in the slightest.

I was just saying that it is illogical and unfair to compare the navigation that Moto Guzzi / Piaggio is trying to offer, to one of the major worldwide platforms you mentioned. That’s all.

They had to start someplace in the technology world and it’s a decent and good start to me.

I have a phone with those apps too and I use them when I ride. Mostly Waze. My phone talks to my helmet.

Breva are awesome. I love my 1200 Sport. Killer motorcycle and way more fun than the R1150R.

With 17 motorcycles, it’s pretty obvious that I am a motorcycle nut! Hence, I welcome all motorcycle guests here at my home I call “Shangri-La” at any time. I love meeting new friends with the same “addiction” as me. 😆

22 years ago, when I still lived in San Diego, I loved going to this Russian / Polish Restaurant that had 2 very old ladies who cooked in the kitchen. The food was incredible and this very dark porter Polish Beer, Okocim, was my favorite beverage with their unbelievable delicious food.😀 🍻

Last edited:
Ok, I'm just going to write this one thing.

Today, I setup the Multimedia Platform for all 3 of my Piaggio products on my Apple iPhone 14 MaxPro.

2016 Moto Guzzi Eldorado 1400

2023 Moto Guzzi V100 Mandello S

2023 Piaggio MP3 530 HPE

I followed the directions exactly, paying very close attention to what was written. I downloaded the required apps from the App Store. (There were 3 that I needed as all of my units use their own app).

Guess What? They all connected perfectly and configured exactly as they were supposed to. I verified that each one works by rebooting my phone and then turning on each bike and watching them connect to my phone running the Moto Guzzi or Piaggio App as appropriate. Everything worked perfect!

We have had a lot of people here in the past, complaining that they couldn't get it to work. I have always said they were not following the directions properly and I have taken a ton of heat over this. Go figure.

I'm very happy to say that my assumptions, were quite correct. The system, although not the slickest and trickiest setup in the universe, for what it is, it works exactly like it is supposed to. I am very happy.

Even, my 4 years subscription to the navigation which goes to my TFT display on my Piaggio, works. I wish this feature worked on the V100 but I haven't seen where it does yet; probably a new feature in the coming year as Piaggio swiped all of this technology from the Piaggio line to give it to the Moto Guzzi line.

Oh Happy Days! :D 👌👍
Is this platform something that's already built into the 1400's?

22 years ago, when I still lived in San Diego, I loved going to this Russian / Polish Restaurant that had 2 very old ladies who cooked in the kitchen. The food was incredible and this very dark porter Polish Beer, Okocim, was my favorite beverage with their unbelievable delicious food.😀 🍻

Okocim Brewery belongs to the big corporate those days.

And they do not brew beer any longer, they manufacture corporate product.

It’s a sad story.

Back