• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • Like the new V100, GuzziTech is full throttle into the future! We're now running on an all-new server and we've updated our Forum software. The visual differences are obvious, but hopefully you'll notice the super-fast speed. If you notice any glitches or have any issues, please post on the Site Support section at the bottom. If you haven't yet, please upgrade your account which is covered in the Site Support section or via the DONATE tab above, which gives you full site access including the DOWNLOADS section. We really appreciate every $ and your support to keep this site ad-free. Create an account, sign in, upgrade your account, and enjoy. See you on the road in 2024.

Multi Media Bluedash Installation

Daniel Swords

Just got it firing!
My V7II Stone wireing diagram lists a connector 51 as "Bluedash pre-installation" and a connector 52 as USB pre-installation. Two questions: what is a Bluedash and where is connector 52 located (I am assuming I can connect a USB charging port at connector 52?)?

There's a GPS feed by the headlight. I'd use it, unless you have a battery tender lead, then they make a $12 USB charger plug in.

Thanks, that is what I will look for and use. Right now I am waiting on the Guzzi USB charger which is on back-order from Italy so expected wait is 6 - 8 weeks. NBA for me.

There's a GPS feed by the headlight. I'd use it, unless you have a battery tender lead, then they make a $12 USB charger plug in.
Where can I buy that? does it plug right into that outlet behind the headlight? for a V7R

Last edited:
I use the battery tender USB adapter. Like $14 on amazon and I already have the tender cable installed. Also have the battery tender digital volt meter to monitor the chatging system. Good stuff cheap.

I use the battery tender USB adapter. Like $14 on amazon and I already have the tender cable installed. Also have the battery tender digital volt meter to monitor the chatging system. Good stuff cheap.
I could do that. But, I'd rather tap into the outlet behind the headlamp, rather than run a line from the tender up to the cockpit area.

The connection for the "USB" is under the seat, tucked down behind the airbox, about where the ABS fuse holder is mounted
HOWEVER
this is just a fused 12VDC connection - you cannot plug a USB device directly into it. It is just somewhere you can plug a USB Power Supply in (12V input to 5V output).

WAHOO!!! HEY EVERYONE!!!

With the help of Renae at ClevelandMoto, I've found the connector for the TomTom outlet behind our headlamps!

BMW makes the connector and you can buy it through them, Or call ClevelandMoto. It's part number is: 8366275-02 and costs $27. I also bought the standard two-pin USB adapter for the other end so I can charge my iPhone. It took 30 seconds to connect and only charges when the key is on. :rofl:

IMG 6049 IMG 6051

Am I reading this correctly? That plugs into the gps power supply on the V7 and can then supply power to whatever you want? Even heated gear?

Am I reading this correctly? That plugs into the gps power supply on the V7 and can then supply power to whatever you want? Even heated gear?
I'm not sure about heated gear. I added heated grips to mine but have those hard wired back under the saddle.

I assume so though — it gives you a two pin outlet like any other so… I added a USB charger, http://www.amazon.com/Battery-Tende...rcycle+tender&refinements=p_89:Battery+Tender

but you can add a cigarette lighter plug or anything else you like I assume.

No, it is one tiny wire and couldn't handle that load. perfect for a GPS, radar detector etc. I just found the hot side and soldered a new wire to that side then made a new ground wire to use. virtually free!

WAHOO!!! HEY EVERYONE!!!

With the help of Renae at ClevelandMoto, I've found the connector for the TomTom outlet behind our headlamps!

BMW makes the connector and you can buy it through them, Or call ClevelandMoto. It's part number is: 8366275-02 and costs $27. I also bought the standard two-pin USB adapter for the other end so I can charge my iPhone. It took 30 seconds to connect and only charges when the key is on. :rofl:

Blair,
That installation looks good, I was wondering how you did it. I have a 8366275-2 in my hand, and it looks just like the one in your picture.

However, there are no pins or connectors on the side where you installed the SAE type connector for your USB. Did you solder something custom, or do you know the part numbers for the pins that you installed into the 8366275-2?

Thanks,
-Peter

Blair,
That installation looks good, I was wondering how you did it. I have a 8366275-2 in my hand, and it looks just like the one in your picture.

However, there are no pins or connectors on the side where you installed the SAE type connector for your USB. Did you solder something custom, or do you know the part numbers for the pins that you installed into the 8366275-2?

Thanks,
-Peter
If you look at the photos I posted, that teal BMW adapter part plugs directly into the black female part with the rubber hood that came with my '13 V7. It was hidden and loose right behind the headlight. Look around in there, it's black and the receiver end inside is green.

If you look at the photos I posted, that teal BMW adapter part plugs directly into the black female part with the rubber hood that came with my '13 V7. It was hidden and loose right behind the headlight. Look around in there, it's black and the receiver end inside is green.

I found the connector on the bike. Here it is plugged in, which works just fine. It's the other side that I don't know what kind of pin I need to put in there to get the power out to connect to the SAE connector for the USB.

20170203 201628 20170203 201644

Thanks,
-Peter

Back