Ridemalibu Motorcycle Rentals & Tours – Los Angeles CA
  1. Holiday Greetings. For those asking about Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials... Since we're such a tiny operation, it's tough to offer much... But we're again offering free shipping on $99+ orders to our U.S. customers on any in stock GTM product! Now through Monday at midnight, PST. Use POST-COVID-FREE discount code at checkout on our online Store link above - We truly appreciate your support. PLEASE Support small businesses!

my audace

Discussion in 'Cal 1400 8V' started by rabm, Sep 18, 2018.

1. rabm

rabm Just got it firing!

just an update, 2 months on and I'm still waiting for my Audace replacement engine, a porous crankcase is the issue, Moto Guzzi / Piaggio lack of information is the problem, 14 emails to the customer service page brought 1 return call from them, only because I wrote 6 complaints onto the web page. several promises to escalate the enquiry resulted in no information, several calls made no difference, a September 9 date was given for the engine to leave Italy, so my dealer prepped my bike but the engine never showed. No contact from MG so I called and emailed, the call resulted in a new date, 17th sept or 3 or 4 days later! I asked if the UK rep would call me but he was going on holiday and said his colleague would call, guess what? no call. at this time I'm prepared to wait until the 21st sept then no engine no Audace! I can have a refund and buy a bike from a manufacturer who has a conscience , I know nobody is perfect but these guys are awful to deal with.
    just so you know if you have a major issue don't expect too much.
    regards
    Robert

2. Trout

Trout GT Reference

I just don't understand why they are like this.....
    It's a shame but when people ask me about buying a Guzzi I always tell them buy used with around 10,000 miles to avoid warranty claims.

3. Robert Gibson

Robert Gibson High Miler GT Contributor

Not sure what rapport you have with your dealer but mine was very supportive with the warrant issues I had (warranty rant) post and backed my claims. To the extent that my instrument cluster is now being replaced for the second time despite the fact that the bike is now out of warranty.
    I contacted Piaggio direct as MG Spain were worse than useless. Hopefully you will get a result and enjoy the Audace.