• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Need some guidance in purchase decision

pops

Just got it firing!
I'm attracted to the new Stelvio for various reasons, so took one for a test ride. Coming from a world of sport-touring bikes, there were two things that really got to me. First, there is much less wind protection than I'm used to (coming from a Yamaha FJR with touring windshield). Second, seat height is a problem as I am inseam challenged (short legs). I don't expect to be able to replicate my current riding environment but would like to be able to improve the Stelvio's wind protection and seat height if I were to purchase. Has anyone addressed either of these items for their needs and if so what was done? I see MG and third party after market windshields and seats are available - anyone tried them? Did they perform as expected/hoped?
Appreciate any feedback - thanks.

I’ll try to get you on track; Guzzis are VERY limited production machines, and this is an all new model, so finding anyone who has done any extensive mods, will be limited. Why did you not try the Mandello? Do you want a ADV bike?
You will never get the realm of wind protection of your FJR. Give up on that now.
Guzzis are magical, but not for everyone. Hope that helps.

I have a 2009 Stelvio. I had to lower it an inch to be comfortable on it, and I'm 6'2" and 32" inseam. The new Stelvio is almost as tall.

I just rode a new V100 Mandello and it's the bike I would buy to replace my old Stelvio. It would address most of your concerns, I'll bet.

Lannis

May have to look at the Mandello - I do think it is one of the most attractive bikes available right now. My only concern is I wanted to do more off-pavement riding in my area - I live close to the mountains and hoped to explore the multitude back roads (gravel, dual-track). Nothing too serious, mind you, but not something a purely street oriented machine would be suitable for. I do appreciate your suggestion - thanks.

May have to look at the Mandello - I do think it is one of the most attractive bikes available right now. My only concern is I wanted to do more off-pavement riding in my area - I live close to the mountains and hoped to explore the multitude back roads (gravel, dual-track). Nothing too serious, mind you, but not something a purely street oriented machine would be suitable for. I do appreciate your suggestion - thanks.
If you are looking at exploring those roads, you may be better served by a V85TT.

Back