• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

Nevada 750 Starting and stopping

shayne taylor

Just got it firing!
GT Contributor
Hi anyone willing to help

I've been going through the process of the startus interuptus stuff. I think my Nevarda may fit this situation. However, all the information is for different bikes and the wire colours and setup from the relay is different, here's a photo. If I was to do the direct line to battery to avoid the voltage drop, which wires should I tap into? There seems to be a red and a red and white. And as a related thing. Now when it does start, it runs for 2 - 3 seconds and stops every time. The time it runs is exactly the same every time, whether idling or revving? Can the voltage drop issue thing have this kind of impact. Prior to this - when it did start (hold in the starter button for a few seconds then it kicks in) but when it did start it would run fine. The stopping after 3 seconds has just started now. I appreciate any assistance very much.

It's a 750 (2011)

1718768524727.png

The starter not activating is one issue. The engine not continue to run is an entirely different issue. If the starter fails to engage, that is the starter interruptus issue and a schematic for your bike is in the Downloads. Upgrading your account will give you access. Now the not continuing to run, is another story. Do you have dealer support that can run a diagnostic on the bike?

Account upgrade information is here.

How many miles on your 11 model. Every Nevada I worked on new had the internal fuel line come off between filter & fuel pump.
It would run a few seconds just from gravity. They also had the 1/2 plastic filter.
A bit of maintenance info would help, ever been tuned, etc---------------------

Hi there and thanks for reply. It's on about 50 000km - I've had it about a year and a half. Haven't had any tunes or anything but it's been running great. And even now when it does start it sounds fine and when revved it sounds like it's running properly.
I've just load tested the battery and it seems fine.
I took the starter off and had it tested. It's fine too.
so I'll do a series of testing switches etc next.

I was just wondering about the conking out. That's very new and repetitively the same every time. So wondered if it could somehow be related to the 'current' drop, if that 's what it turns out to be with the electricals.

The starter not activating is one issue. The engine not continue to run is an entirely different issue. If the starter fails to engage, that is the starter interruptus issue and a schematic for your bike is in the Downloads. Upgrading your account will give you access. Now the not continuing to run, is another story. Do you have dealer support that can run a diagnostic on the bike?

Account upgrade information is here.

Hi John. I thought it was probably not related but wondered about the possibility. Don't really have a dealer for support in NSW town. I like trying to work things out. It's kinda fun. I'll get the starter sorted first with some more tests. Batteries been load tested, took the starter to be tested (all fine) and I'll test all the switches next. Once I'm hitting the starter and it has an immediate connection I'll be happy and start to work out why it's not continuing to run. I will upgrade to this site for sure.

I've now tested the side stand switch. It seems to be working perfectly. The starter now seems to be kicking in regularly now. It still delays for a second or two but starts turning. It's done that since I bought it. But not firing. It's always been an easy start - no choke just kicks over at idle and take a second or two to rev then perfect. Not sure what to test next.. Is there a relay for the injectors? I've checked in the tank for swirling in case the hose has come off. I'll check the spark but I suspect that parts fine.

I've now tested the side stand switch. It seems to be working perfectly. The starter now seems to be kicking in regularly now. It still delays for a second or two but starts turning. It's done that since I bought it. But not firing. It's always been an easy start - no choke just kicks over at idle and take a second or two to rev then perfect. Not sure what to test next.. Is there a relay for the injectors? I've checked in the tank for swirling in case the hose has come off. I'll check the spark but I suspect that parts fine.
Now that you have contributed to the forum. You can answer the question yourself. Look at the 2004 Nevada ie schematic in the downloads.

Back