• Ciao Guest - You’ve landed at the ultimate Guzzi site. NEW FORUM REGISTRATIONS REQUIRE EMAIL ACTIVATION - CHECK YOUR SPAM FOLDER - Use the CONTACT above if you need help. New to the forum? For all new members, we require ONE post in the Introductions section at the bottom, in order to post in most of the other sections. ALWAYS TRY A SEARCH BEFORE STARTING A NEW TOPIC - Most questions you may have, have likely been already answered. DON'T BE A DRIVE-BY POSTER: As a common courtesy, check back in and reply within 24 hours, or your post will be deleted. Note there's decades of heavily experienced Guzzi professionals on this site, all whom happily give endless amounts of their VALUABLE time for free; BE COURTEOUS AND RESPECTFUL!
  • Be sure to see the GTM STORE link also above for our 700+ product inventory, including OEM parts and many of our 100% Made-in-SoCal-USA GTM products and engine kits. In SoCal? Click the SERVICE tab above for the best in service, tires, tuning and installation of our products or custom work, and don't miss our GT MotoCycles® (not) art on the BUILDS tab above. WE'RE HERE ONLINE ONLY - NO PHONE CALLS MADE OR RECEIVED - DO NOT EMAIL AND ASK QUESTIONS OR ASK TO CALL YOU.
  • There is ZERO tolerance on personal attacks and ANY HYPERLINKS to PRODUCT(S) or other competing website(s), including personal pages, social media or other Forums. This ALSO INCLUDES ECU DIAGnostic software, questions and mapping. We work very hard to offer commercially supported products and to keep info relevant here. First offense is a note, second is a warning, third time will get you banned from the site. We don't have the time to chase repeat (and ignorant) offenders. This is NOT a social media platform; It's an ad-free, privately funded website, in small help with user donations. Be sure to see the GTM STORE link above; ALL product purchases help support the site, or you can upgrade your Forum profile or DONATE via the link above.

New (to me) V85 first ride

Spacecycle

Just got it firing!
I bought a used 2022 V85 from an individual and went on my first ride with it yesterday. I noticed a couple of things that I didn't notice during my demo ride. The first is that over 60mph or so I get what I assume is a high frequency wind buffeting that affects my vision. I start getting almost double vision with distant objects. I'm looking at these wind deflectors to hopefully solve the problem; debyltech.com/products/mc100aa01/ The bike has a GIVI AF8203 Airflow windscreen installed. Does anyone have any additional insight?

The other thing I noticed was that the motorcycle seemed like it was "surging" slighting while I was maintaining a constant speed. I didn't really notice it while using cruise control so my first thought was that it may have been bumps and vibrations causing me to make slight variations in throttle input. The previous owner had the cat eliminator kit and Mistral boost module installed but removed and included them separately to return the bike to stock. My last, but maybe least likely, thought was bad gas or wrong octane. I haven't filled up yet. Should 87 octane be OK? The manual says E5 or E10 which I believe translates to 87.

Thanks very much in advance!

Welcome again. Per the scrolling paragraphs at the top of every page, most of your questions will be answered here using a search. It's near impossible to constantly talk about the same subjects over and over here. Many of us here make a living working on this brand, and a few here are retired and well-versed in all things Guzzi.
This isn't a horrific opinionated social media website. It's a real private FACTUAL Tech site. Try a search and spend a little time reading.
I specialize in fueling, as you'll see in this section. V-Boost is gimmick. US 91 octane is the MIN.

Try setting the ride mode to rain. In the road and sport modes, it is a bit sensitive. Same power, just a different delivery method. Also, if it it's an early 22 it might not have the latest map.

Back